Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian group books anti-gay ads to appear on buses
Christian group books anti-gay ads to appear on buses
This is pure stupidity and ignorance.
Quote:London buses have been booked to carry a Christian advertising campaign expected to start next week, which asserts the power of therapy to change the sexual orientation of gay people.

The full length advert, which will appear on five different routes in the capital, is backed by the Core Issues Trust whose leader, Mike Davies, believes "homoerotic behaviour is sinful". His charity funds "reparative therapy" for gay Christians who believe that they have homosexual feelings but want to become straight. The campaign is also backed by Anglican Mainstream, an worldwide orthodox Anglican group whose supporters have equated homosexuality with alcoholism.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr...-ads-buses

Lucky the British Conservative party knows when something needs to be pulled and the Mayor of London Boris Johnson pulled it. Looks like all Xian wackos are not in the US.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr...is-johnson
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Christian group books anti-gay ads to appear on buses
Mike Davis probably needs to come out the closet...
Good old Boris.

There is no way such a campaign should be allowed. It is basically hate crime against gays. They might allow that over the pond but I'm glad over here we seem to have at least some sense.
Here in the states Christians would be whining that their beliefs were being oppressed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 13, 2012 at 8:45 am)Faith No More Wrote: Here in the states Christians would be whining that their beliefs were being oppressed.

Yeah, but they seem to forget it is their beliefs which opress others.
They have, they said something along the lines of "We didn't realise there was censorship in place".

Dickheads.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Napoleon Wrote:Yeah, but they seem to forget it is their beliefs which opress others.

On the contrary, they remember quite fondly that their beliefs oppress others. That's what happens when you are certain that you believe in the 'one true god,' and you express your beliefs vicariously through this god.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 13, 2012 at 8:45 am)Faith No More Wrote: Here in the states Christians would be whining that their beliefs were being oppressed.

Well England we had the shit ass crazy religious for centuries and we know how to deal with them. They say: "were being oppressed" we say "STFU no your not, your being abusive ". Its in legislation and if they complain we just ignore them.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"Conditioning" of homosexuals caused us to lose one of the greatest minds of the 20th Century, Alan Turing. I am at a loss as to how this man, who practically started computer science and helped the allies win WW2 is any less deserving of life than a heterosexual.
Why have they got it in for the gays anyway?

The ones I know seem fairly harmless.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talking animal books LinuxGal 2 486 October 16, 2023 at 8:20 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 691 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2115 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88786 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Best books debunking Christianity KiwiNFLFan 83 14889 January 16, 2020 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 571 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1947 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16109 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8098 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Lovely Religious Group ThortheMighty 0 687 February 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: ThortheMighty