Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male Nurses vs. Male Movie Producers
Male Nurses vs. Male Movie Producers
Nursing is a female dominated profession. I have been a "male" nurse for 26 years. All or most of my superiors and/ or charges have been female.

Nursing is a tough profession. Mentally, physically, emotionally taxing. No job for the meek or feeble!. 

Nurses are tough, strong, intellectually competent and adaptive. At least those that last.

The fact that 10% of nurses are male speaks volumes.

I am an RN who works in Nursing Management. If I acted as O'Reilly or Weinstein I would expect , not only to be fired, but to be severely beaten and punished.
What is the difference between the profession of Florence Nightingale and Cecil DeMille? 
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Male Nurses vs. Male Movie Producers
Is this a riddle or a statement in the form of a question?
Ok, I'll bite. We Americans worship the almighty dollar and anyone who brings in mucho dinero - like top people in the entertainment industry - get to have their felonious behaviors overlooked. Recall that Bill O'Reilly didn't lose his job until advertisers started running like Fox was a Zika mosquito after O'Reilly's crimes were published in the NY Times.

-Teresa
I read some study about how humans evolved to model themselves after, copy, and hero worship leaders of their tribes. This was socially beneficial and conducive to survival.

Those same instincts now get aimed at sports stars, actors, and others of fame. And we are built to protect those we view this way.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 26, 2017 at 11:57 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: We Americans worship the almighty dollar and anyone who brings in mucho dinero - like top people in the entertainment industry - get to have their felonious behaviors overlooked.

-Teresa

I get that you didn't mean it this way, but I'd like to point out that such a view isn't unique to the US.  I've lived in three countries, and it's the same all over - crimes that will get a person of modest means locked up for an extended period will get a wealthy person a word of censure or a relatively insignificant fine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think this is about power. Give women power and control and sexual exploitation by men is controlled.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

When I was an HIV/hospice volunteer I realized the partner of one of our clients was evoking an emotional response in me. Since 'Greg' wasn't assigned to me, I was just a secondary filling in from time to time ('Greg' was physically OK, but couldn't be left alone due to some effects of the meds and disease progression) I just quit taking requests to 'fill in' at their house. I think it was more of a selfish thing on my part, life was way to complicated for me at that point anyhow and I had to be looking out for myself.

I still think about 'Stan', however. His plight and it's effects on him were so sad, positive himself and symptom free, he was in a terrible place watching his partner deteriorate daily. Yeah, I wanted to give him a big hug and try and make everything better, but I didn't (and still don't) have the god like powers it would have taken to fix things for him.

I've never googled 'Stan', don't want to know what ever became of him, no way no how . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 26, 2017 at 10:41 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I am an RN who works in Nursing Management. If I acted as O'Reilly or Weinstein I would expect , not only to be fired, but to be severely beaten and punished.

Did you watch Talk to Her (2002)? Does that kind of stuff happens?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5437 476203 April 23, 2024 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3713 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 571 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 456 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 472 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1623 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 953 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
  Unhinged movie, what you think of it? Sweden83 5 463 December 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2264 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92