Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joy-Ann Reid
Joy-Ann Reid
Quote:Joy-Ann M. Lomena-Reid (born December 8, 1968), also known as Joy Reid, is an American cable television host and a national correspondent at MSNBC. She is also a regular political commentator on both television and in publications such as The Daily Beast.[1] In 2016, she wrote a book on the recent history of the Democratic Party, called Fracture: Barack Obama, the Clintons, and the Racial Divide.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy-Ann_Reid

Why haven't we heard more about her?

She certainly seems to be making quite the name for herself.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Joy+Reid...66&bih=675

Quotes by her:

Quote:There is a sort of Neo-Confederate thread that runs through these sort of pro-gun movements and the NRA movement.

I am also going to go with somebody who is the opposite of Donald Trump and her name is Johari Osayi Idusuyi. I think she represented millions and millions of Americans who look at the message that Donald Trump is using his fame and the power he has accumulated to,you know, to send out into the world and it`s horrified. And I think her quiet resistance represented so many people because I`ll tell you, people of color have been trying to warn this country about Donald Trump for a really long time and I think she reminded us.

What is the alt-right? It's a dressed-up term for white nationalism. They call themselves white identitarianism. They say that the tribalism that's inherent in the human spirit ought to be also applied to white people.

Whether or not, you know, people think that Martin Shkreli is the worst person in the world, the reality is that he is the symptom or a larger problem in an pharmacology industry.

I have to say that Donald Trump is on probably about the 13th minute of fame.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Joy-Ann Reid
I certainly hadn't heard about her.  But that's not surprising - there are well over 7 billion people I've never heard about.  Big Grin

She certainly seems bright, though.  I like her.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Meh. Joy Ann Reid is a puppet who reads the script that her masters give to her. She used to love Bernie, and now she shits all over him and progressives. She used to despise Hillary, and now she adores her. She's not particularly bad compared to others in the MSM I guess. About par for the course. Accusing progressives of being sexist because they don't support garbage like Pelosi. Pretty pathetic, but nothing out of the ordinary for someone in MSM.

(October 31, 2017 at 5:28 am)FFaith Wrote: Meh. Joy Ann Reid is a puppet who reads the script that her masters give to her. She used to love Bernie, and now she shits all over him and progressives. She used to despise Hillary, and now she adores her. She's not particularly bad compared to others in the MSM I guess. About par for the course. Accusing progressives of being sexist because they don't support garbage like Pelosi. Pretty pathetic, but nothing out of the ordinary for someone in MSM.

Hardly a puppet. I don't know where you are getting that from. If you want a network of puppets try Farts News.
Morning Joy, she's interesting.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 30, 2017 at 2:21 am)Lutrinae Wrote: Why haven't we heard more about her?

She's all over MSNBC as a guest and guest host for Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow, and hosts their Saturday and Sunday morning show, AM Joy.

Where have you been? Tongue

Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(October 31, 2017 at 7:07 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 31, 2017 at 5:28 am)FFaith Wrote: Meh. Joy Ann Reid is a puppet who reads the script that her masters give to her. She used to love Bernie, and now she shits all over him and progressives. She used to despise Hillary, and now she adores her. She's not particularly bad compared to others in the MSM I guess. About par for the course. Accusing progressives of being sexist because they don't support garbage like Pelosi. Pretty pathetic, but nothing out of the ordinary for someone in MSM.

Hardly a puppet. I don't know where you are getting that from. If you want a network of puppets try Farts News.

Did you watch the video Brian? It's pretty short. Joy talks about Hillary like someone on the left would talk about Sarah Palin or something, questioning Hillary's sanity and whether she had a psychotic break. She said that Hillary might have refused to drop out in 08 because if she couldn't have the Presidency, she was determined to make sure Barack didn't get it either. After Joy gets payed by MSNBC, she did a 180 and now worships Hillary like she's the Virgin Mary. Same thing with Bernie. Years back Bernie was awesome in her opinion, and the best there was on the left. Now (after the pay day) apparently Bernie is a bum who tries to steal all of your stuff.

MSNBC is just as bad as Fox News. All MSM is fake news. Yes, MSM mixes some truth in there with the lies, so not everything that comes out of them is fake news, but they are mainly propaganda networks just like Fox, so I think it's correct to call them all fake news organizations. They've earned it. I can see you've decided to take the blue pill and that's fine. Not everyone can handle the truth.
Reid's fine.  The one I can't take is Rachel Maddow.  Not that she doesn't do good journalism but her style is fucking annoying.
(October 31, 2017 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Reid's fine.  The one I can't take is Rachel Maddow.  Not that she doesn't do good journalism but her style is fucking annoying.

I like Maddow. She's good at what she does, and she enjoys fishing.

She doesn't annoy me nearly as much as my wife when she talks over Maddow to show me some fucking Facebook thing she's looking at.
Maddow is the queen of belaboring the point.  Stop telling me how important the story is and fucking get on with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ann Coulter Reminds the WLB That His Racist Fans Don't Care About Tax Cuts Minimalist 29 6741 September 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Thank You Harry Reid A Theist 2 1381 January 22, 2013 at 6:39 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Looks as if Harry Reid was Right Minimalist 3 1349 November 6, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Ann Coulter is Not a Comedian thesummerqueen 7 3255 March 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ann Romney: 'I don't even consider myself wealthy' reverendjeremiah 3 1620 March 6, 2012 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused