Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manafort turned himself in. Now what?
Manafort turned himself in. Now what?
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us....html?#_=_

We wait on Rick Gates. What do you think is Trump’s next move? Will he fire Mueller, and will he pardon Manafort? If so, how will Congress react?

I’m glad I have the day off from work. Also, just for kicks, turn on Fox News, they were yapping about everything, except this lol just a few minutes ago.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
RE: Manafort turned himself in. Now what?
Now we watch the repubs squirm. We watch the trump supporters on AF come up with a gazillion excuses for their beloved shitgibbon. And we watch more shit hit the fan as trump scrambles to dodge and evade the truth.

Go on, trump, play another round of golf. Or better yet, throw a twitter tantrum.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Depends on the (alleged) criminal acts.

If they predate Manafort's involvement in the Trump campaign, then this is another tempest in a teapot situation. Unless the indictment provokes Trump into doing something that negates his (air tight at this point) chronological alibi.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Charges include Conspiracy against the US, money laundering and false statements.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Of course, if Manafort subsequently learned of something during his tenure on team Trump, Manafort might have a 'get out of jail' card.

Presumably, it would have to be worse in regards to a bigger fish than what he's charged with so far . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 30, 2017 at 10:00 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Of course, if Manafort subsequently learned of something during his tenure on team Trump, Manafort might have a 'get out of jail' card.

Presumably, it would have to be worse in regards to a bigger fish than what he's charged with so far . . .

I'd be okay with that.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
What happens next, my prediction:

'If Obama hadn't destroyed the economy, Manafort wouldn't have been forced to launder money. And uranium, Benghazi, dossier, Whitewater, Lewinski, birth certificate.  Shut up, lefties.'  -  Generic Trump Supporter. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI. He’s gonna spill beans. It’s going down.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(October 30, 2017 at 9:52 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Depends on the (alleged) criminal acts.

If they predate Manafort's involvement in the Trump campaign, then this is another tempest in a teapot situation. Unless the indictment provokes Trump into doing something that negates his (air tight at this point) chronological alibi.

The reason the FBI was wiretapping the phones at Trump Tower in the first place had to do with a money laundering case involving the Russian mob and business shits like Manafort and Trump.  When Trump got picked up on those wiretaps he probably implicated himself!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politics/p...index.html

Quote:A secret order authorized by the court that handles the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) began after Manafort became the subject of an FBI investigation that began in 2014. It centered on work done by a group of Washington consulting firms for Ukraine's former ruling party, the sources told CNN.

Quote:The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.

Can you imagine the WLB bragging about how important he is?  "I know Vladimir Putin, bigly.  He grabbed my pussy."
(October 30, 2017 at 9:33 am)J a c k Wrote: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us....html?#_=_
t
We wait on Rick Gates. What do you think is Trump’s next move? Will he fire Mueller, and will he pardon Manafort? If so, how will Congress react?

I’m glad I have the day off from work. Also, just for kicks, turn on Fox News, they were yapping about everything, except this lol just a few minutes ago.

Trump will pardon (via Twitter) Manafort and anyone else charged.

Except New York State is running a concurrent investigation. So Trump pardoning Manafort and his other cronies who may get charged and convicted doesn't necessarily hold water. They'll essentially have a choice between federal or state prison.

Also, Vlady Putin will order a hit by poison umbrella or polonium tea on anyone who squeals on his oligarchs.

-Teresa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paul Manafort fredd bear 21 3184 March 10, 2019 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 855 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is it Politics has no turned into an us verses them? Why? GODZILLA 29 2438 July 11, 2018 at 2:28 pm
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1219 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
  The WLB Just Can't Help Himself Minimalist 6 996 June 9, 2018 at 5:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Uh-Oh. Poor Manafort Minimalist 4 630 June 5, 2018 at 1:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 665 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Susan Collins Invites The WLB To Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 4 912 September 25, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Then God Can Go Fuck Himself! Minimalist 15 5187 August 25, 2017 at 1:51 am
  Trump fan debates 12-yo and humiliates himself Foxaèr 5 1651 June 18, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Alex K