Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give them an inch they take a mile
Give them an inch they take a mile
Unfortunately since the 1950s there has been a Christian assault on our government's concept of neutrality. They try to claim "God" is neutral and could be any god, and that has always been a load of bullshit. Every time there has been an attempt to put "God" or a Christian icon of some sort on public property, it is never a diverse attempt, it is always headed by Christians. 

And it continues here where I live, I won't post a link because of my own security, but my local has passed legislation allowing government vehicles to put "In God We Trust" on them. I hate human logic, because these same morons doing this shit rightfully bitch about Islamic states plastering Allah and Koran quotes all over government property in the east. 

I am NOT deluding myself here, these attempts have always existed, but what is sad is knowing how more conservative and theocratic the colonies were, and how much we have gotten away from that, only to have one party and the far right hijack our government out of nothing but bullshit fear.

It is disturbing to me the amount of far right mixing of religion in government with absolutely no concept as to what history says about the dangers of mixing the two. 

The pledge was not enough for them, having it on the money was not enough for them. They need to piss on every bush and every tree just like Iran and Saudi Arabia. I do not think those advocating it understand long term how this is dangerous. Even if only Christians existed, and no other religions, or atheists.

EVEN IF, there were only Christians, you'd still be stuck with conservatives and liberal Christians, you'd still be stuck with the right wing Baptists and Obama voting Baptists. You'd still be stuck with Catholics and Protestants and Methodists and Mormons ect ect ect ect, all vying for political attention. All one has to do, even today to know how stupid it is to run a government  on religion, is to know how divided Sunni's and Shiites are in the east.

I think far too many Christians, even liberals, forget how much more dogmatic and divided America was, how theocratic the colonies were, how dogmatic even Europe was for centuries. 

There was a damned good reason the 1rst Amendment was written the way it was. There was a damned good reason Jefferson wrote about his wall to the Baptists. There was a reason the oath of office has "no religious test" in it.

I do not think most of the founders would be happy that God ended up on the money or in the pledge. Nobody is arguing any of them were atheists, nor should they. But they were well aware of the sectarian divisions of their time. They saw religion as personal, not political, and it is clear that today's GOP does not care about that concept.

"God" does not mean "any God", not on the money, not in the pledge. It has always been intended to promote ONE God, not the concept of freedom of religion.

Christians on the right need to understand that in the west, those who are not the majority, does not mean we are second class. Your corporate logo does not belong on government property. Your corporate logo is not neutral, anymore than "Allah" is neutral in the middle east. 

Non Christians in the west, and in America, are not your guests, we are your equals. We are not your pets either. We are not second class to you. Our government is OURS. Saying that government needs to leave religion at the door, isn't advocating the forced end of religion, but in that neutrality prevents us from looking like the theocracies of the middle east.

Christians are not the only Americans. Anyone of any religion born here or naturalized ARE AMERICANS, no matter what label they hold.  America has Jewish Americans, Muslim Americans, Buddhist Americans, Hindu Americans and atheists too. 

If those crybabies insisting on gang tagging all government property with their corporate logo want to understand what it is like to live as a minority then maybe they need to ask Christians living under Muslim majorities in Africa and the middle east before they insist on a backslide theocracy here.
RE: Give them an inch they take a mile
When they earmark federal funds for religious charter schools...they don't have madrasas in mind.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 7, 2017 at 11:14 am)Khemikal Wrote: When they earmark federal funds for religious charter schools...they don't have madrasas in mind.

Way to miss the point. They already gang tag other shit, they don't need to be gang tagging everything.
LOL, Tell them that.  Wink

I think that they should stop spraying jesus graffiti over anything at all. It's not exactly going to give future archaeologists a good impression of our society as they sift through the ashes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm sure that with a little effort you could find "In God We Trust" written in Arabic on a bumper sticker.
(November 7, 2017 at 7:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure that with a little effort you could find "In God We Trust" written in Arabic on a bumper sticker.

No shit, Christians would flip out seeing Arabic, and you could cop out to "God" is generic, which is the bullshit loophole those in the past used to get God on the money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1948 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1192 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2214 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What should we do about "them"? Angrboda 30 1465 January 30, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GSA finally give in. Brian37 33 2514 November 28, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3305 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saudi Arabia prohibits shorts for men and put a fine on wearing them ! WinterHold 34 4119 June 18, 2019 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Dr, Dr, give me the fake news........... Brian37 7 1248 November 15, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Spicoli "Take that Mr Hand". Brian37 0 329 October 17, 2018 at 12:08 pm
  You look cute in them there Jeans.... Brian37 0 244 September 4, 2018 at 6:18 pm