Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe everything exists.

I don't believe God exists. I don't believe miracles exist. I don't believe magic exists.

How is this not a contradiction?

Because I don't believe God, miracles or magic are things. That's why they don't exist.

Everything exists because there's no such thing as a non-existent thing. Because to exist, is to be something, is to be a thing.
RE: I believe everything exists.
Very good. Can't argue with that. I am sure someone can though.
I certainly can. God, miracles, and magic are all things. You don't believe these things exist. Therefore you don't believe everything exists.

THerefore you deny existence Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Saerules Wrote:God, miracles, and magic are all things.

Can you elaborate.
If I am incorrect about God, miracles and magic not being things I am still correct about everything existing.
So what you are basically saying is that everything that exists, exists :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I'm saying that being a thing is identical to existing. So, for example, when fr0d0 says "God doesn't exist but just IS" that is identical to saying "God isn't but just IS" or "God doesn't exist but does exist" and so is a logical contradiction.

This means the word "exist" is without meaning because anything that "is" anything exists because there's no such thing as anything that isn't anything.
The answer to all philosophical questions can be found in the dictionary. If you go to dictionary.com you will get all the answers you need and we need not waste time any discussing them.
Time will pass whether we waste it or not.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 31, 2010 at 8:49 am)Darwinian Wrote: Time will pass whether we waste it or not.
Fair enough.

Everything exists, even non-existent things, just in different realities.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Everything is nothing, and nothing is everything. goombah111 64 8617 January 3, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: goombah111
  God exists subjectively? henryp 90 12228 November 21, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Tonus
  God exists because we can imagine it Heat 46 7744 December 6, 2015 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What do we do while deciding if free will exists? henryp 57 9775 April 20, 2015 at 9:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 14991 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Is everything temporarily according to atheists? Knowledge of God 22 2902 June 29, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I believe in myself, therefore believe in God. Mystic 12 3582 August 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  If God exists but doesn't do anything, how would we know? And would it matter? TaraJo 7 3988 January 26, 2013 at 11:14 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists? CliveStaples 124 47035 August 29, 2012 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Categories+Sheaves
  If you were certain a designer exists... Mystic 10 4231 July 21, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist