Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best anime series and anime movie in the world
Best anime series and anime movie in the world
Big Grin 
Death note hands down best anime series for me. 
Anime movie I don't know, I've watched a few here and there but nothing so spectacular I'd call it the best.
RE: Best anime series and anime movie in the world
I sort of hate anime, mostly because of the weird-ass culture surrounding it. The only one I watched was Death Note and I quit halfway through because I didn't care about any of the characters or the story. There was no emotion involved, just exposition. The main character was just... talking at me. Pretty bland.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(November 15, 2017 at 12:48 pm)Aegon Wrote: I sort of hate anime, mostly because of the weird-ass culture surrounding it. The only one I watched was Death Note and I quit halfway through because I didn't care about any of the characters or the story. There was no emotion involved, just exposition. The main character was just... talking at me. Pretty bland.

Lol I know there's a weird anime culture but I'm not specifically sure what it is to be honest. Death note was pretty awesome for me because of the thrilling "what will happen" atmosphere and investigation, I thought it was pretty awesome. Spoiler:

Same here. Death Note rocks and it's the absolute best I've ever seen.

Wow something me and Pool can strongly agree on.

But yeah, Death Note kicks ass. And besides . . . I sit like L.
How to tame your dragon.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(November 15, 2017 at 5:19 pm)Succubus Wrote: How to tame your dragon.

Do you mean how to train your dragon??
My two favorite animated series are Death Note and A:TLA. Best two series ever. No question. Family Guy and Futurama are good too though.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Wair.

There's GOOD anime??

When did that happen?
Dying to live, living to die.
Though strictly speaking it's not an anime, I love Avatar:The last airbender and Samurai Jack

Other than that, my favorites are:
Inuyasha,
SamuraiX( it also has the best live action adaptation ever),
Parasyte: Maxim
Attack on titan

As for death note, I tried watching the anime, but it misses a lot of the drama and emotions from the original manga. I also tried watching the recent Netflix adaptation of it and felt like murdering the entire crew responsible for that abomination.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Speaking of samurais... Samurai Champloo was pretty entertaining

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old-school anime (japanimation) fans anyone? johnnyboy 14 1135 January 6, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1935 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Profiles In Courage TV Series Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 399 April 12, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3265 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 753 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1273 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 342 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 214 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 5977 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Star Wars movie is well received by the critics. Whateverist 105 15462 January 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist