Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MakeApp - 2 steps forward for feminism
MakeApp - 2 steps forward for feminism
There's a new app called MakeApp, which has a function that lets you see what someone's face looks like without make up. The results are pretty good. What I like about it is that it does two things : 

By showing women how celebrities look without make up, it gives them the confidence of knowing that they are good enough as they are, and that they don't have to conform to society's beauty standards. 

By showing men what ordinary women look like without make up, it teaches them to appreciate natural beauty, and to appreciate personality. 

I think this is such a great little app. I just thought I'd share.
RE: MakeApp - 2 steps forward for feminism
I prefer little or no makeup anyway!
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I can appreciate the intention, but honestly I feel like this type of thinking is counter productive.

We shouldn't have to compare ourselves to other women to feel confident. We shouldn't have to say "See?? Megan Fox isn't actually that pretty!" to feel good about ourselves.

As for men, maybe it's better not to focus so much on women's appearences, period. Whether that's the "natural look" or not. Just MHO.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Hi ya DBE. Can I interest you in an introduction thread so that we can get to know you better?

Um........ men need to be taught natural beauty? Don't they see it growing up? It's not like they've never seen a woman without makeup.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think most men would say they prefer a natural look. Though makeup can be done to cover up flaws and enhance certain features while still looking completely natural.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 16, 2017 at 8:28 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I prefer little or no makeup anyway!

Is that because it gets smudged by your bike helmet. :-)
The MakeApp will, and probably already has been, be used to shame women for how they look without makeup. Men who are looking for the so-called natural beauty will shame women who use makeup to improve their appearance. Also I don't imagine the app can actually remove the makeup, rather than add imperfections that might not be there in the first place.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
I don’t think it could be accurate unless it already has an image of the person without make up
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yeah. The app throws soap and water on the woman’s face, then scrubs. Very accurate.

It has technology that can reach out the screen and wipe off the goo.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
What is this 'makeup' of which you speak?   Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Forward Foxaèr 19 920 March 14, 2021 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Did you "spring forward"? Gawdzilla Sama 44 2772 November 5, 2018 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Video] Little girls are being indoctrinated into feminism tehrealfake 2 877 October 24, 2014 at 4:18 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  Why I am so passionate about speaking out against feminism. Bad Wolf 138 15503 October 9, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Keri
  Modern feminism Bad Wolf 168 18263 July 27, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Modern Feminism betrayed women lilith666 3 1402 July 19, 2014 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  I hate Misandry and feminism. Gooders1002 48 10784 May 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Feminism and the Disposable Male Gooders1002 10 3026 January 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Looking forward to tomorrow Chuff 1 871 March 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist