Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Mugabe dismissed as leader of Zimbabwe
Robert Mugabe dismissed as leader of Zimbabwe
A moment I thought would only come after his death.

Zimbabwe’s ruling party dismissed President Robert Mugabe on Sunday, ending his 37-year reign as the African country’s leader, a party official said. 

Recently fired Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa was appointed as the new leader of the ZANU-PF party and is expected to lead a new government. Senior figures of the party gathered early Sunday for an emergency meeting of the party's Central Committee to discuss calls to expel the 93-year-old leader. First lady Grace Mugabe was also recalled as head of the women's league.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/11/19/...eader.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Zimbabwe...1572071424
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Robert Mugabe dismissed as leader of Zimbabwe
I hope this results in more freedom for the people of Zimbabwe and not just a new boss.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(November 19, 2017 at 9:34 am)chimp3 Wrote: I hope this results in more freedom for the people of Zimbabwe and not just a new boss.

Not likely, Mnangagwe didn't get the nickname "the crocodile" for fun.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(November 19, 2017 at 9:34 am)chimp3 Wrote: I hope this results in more freedom for the people of Zimbabwe and not just a new boss.

I'm optimistic

But considering the same people who let him rule all this time are in charge. And the fact that this was more a power play then democratic revolution. I'm also being realistic.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 19, 2017 at 9:58 am)Tizheruk Wrote:

I'm optimistic

But considering the same people who let him rule all this time are in charge. And the fact that this was more a power play then democratic revolution. I'm also being realistic.

The new boss got to be in the position to become the new boss by being the iron hand of Mugabe that actually swung the cudgel of murder and oppression during Mugabe’s 37 years on the throne.

The only reason he revolted is Mugabe stupidly decided to pass him over despite all his loyal oppressive service, and name his Gucci loving wife as his successor instead.

If there ever is one person a dictator should favor above even his own beloved and bejeweled wife, it is a right hand man who knows where all the skeletons are buried and who took care to nurture close relationship with the leadership of the army.

It’s amazing 2000 years after Caligula tyrants still undo themselves by favoring their wives over the men with direct line to the army.
Anyone with a spine would have plugged Mugabe 36 years and 11 months ago.
(November 20, 2017 at 3:20 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Anyone with a spine would  have plugged Mugabe 36 years and 11 months ago.

So says one who stayed thousands of miles out of reach of mugabe’s goons during those 36 years and 11 months.
(November 20, 2017 at 3:27 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(November 20, 2017 at 3:20 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Anyone with a spine would  have plugged Mugabe 36 years and 11 months ago.

So says one who stayed thousands of miles out of reach of mugabe’s goons during those 36 years and 11 months.

Ever hear of a suicide bomber?  Ever hear of a sniper?  What about poison?  Drugs?  Electric shock?  There are thousands of ways to take out a tyrant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NXIVM Cult leader due to be sentenced tomoz...predictions? Duty 13 640 October 27, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2058 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Maybe don't be a gang leader? Brian37 13 1727 March 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  For Robert Mueller This Is Like [REDACTED] a 4 Year Old Minimalist 2 788 December 6, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1046 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Mugabe Resigns Minimalist 5 452 November 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  ESPN pulls Robert Lee Neo-Scholastic 57 8797 August 25, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  TCM Host, Robert Osborne Dies At 84 A Theist 1 619 March 6, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Liberal cult leader gets arrested scoobysnack 20 4052 January 26, 2017 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Robert Vaughn dead abaris 1 505 November 12, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: brewer