Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN pulls Robert Lee
ESPN pulls Robert Lee
Does this make any sense to any reasonable person? Someone please tell me this is a hoax or parody site. From the linked article:

Quote:ESPN confirmed Tuesday night that it had decided to pull an announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee. This Robert Lee is Asian.

Washington Times
RE: ESPN pulls Robert Lee
It makes perfect sense to me. Especially since Robert Lee was totally okay with it and was given the option of staying on anyways.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday....592458001/

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/media/es...index.html

I give ESPN credit for trying to protect their broadcast and their anchors from the vitriol that was sure to come. But no good deed goes unpunished as the white snowflakes have now been triggered
[Image: giphy.gif]
The Washington Times is a Moonie shitrag, however the report has been covered by more reputable sources as well.

Bizarre, to say the least.
(August 23, 2017 at 12:20 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Does this make any sense to any reasonable person? Someone please tell me this is a hoax or parody site. From the linked article:

Quote:ESPN confirmed Tuesday night that it had decided to pull an announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee. This Robert Lee is Asian.

Washington Times

I can definitely see why ESPN would think the SJW fags would be triggered by the man's name. The SJWs have been making videos recently about how it's horrible to call a woman a girl and about how racist it is for a white guy to use a Michael Jackson laughing popcorn gif, calling it digital blackface. This all sounds too ridiculous to be true, but it's only going to get ten times worse from here.
Saw it on the news. Ridiculous.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Sadly it's not all that surprising that EPSN thought the SJW fags would be triggered by the name. SJWs have been offended by less, making videos recently about how it's horrible to call women girls, and how it's racist for white folks to use Michael Jackson popcorn laughing gifs because that's 'digital blackface'. This all may sound hard to believe, but it's only going to be getting ten times worse.
(August 23, 2017 at 12:47 pm)FFaith Wrote: Sadly it's not all that surprising that EPSN thought the SJW fags would be triggered by the name. SJWs have been offended by less, making videos recently about how it's horrible to call women girls, and how it's racist for white folks to use Michael Jackson popcorn laughing gifs because that's 'digital blackface'. This all may sound hard to believe, but it's only going to be getting ten times worse.

Aren't you edgy using 'fag' as an insult in literal fucking 2017.
Um yea, as much as I hate the KKK AND Nazis, I do find it absurd to move this poor guy.
(August 23, 2017 at 12:47 pm)FFaith Wrote: Sadly it's not all that surprising that EPSN thought the SJW fags would be triggered by the name. SJWs have been offended by less, making videos recently about how it's horrible to call women girls, and how it's racist for white folks to use Michael Jackson popcorn laughing gifs because that's 'digital blackface'. This all may sound hard to believe, but it's only going to be getting ten times worse.

Really?  It reeks to me of ESPN trying to jump on a publicity bandwagon in a desperate attempt to maintain their quickly-waning relevance.  Really seems like corporate grasping, not ESPN caving to 'triggered' 'SJW fags'.  I haven't seen any of the news stories on this topic even say that anyone wanted Robert Lee removed - it's just more clickbait desperation.  In the CNN article it even says that the decision was made by ESPN execs and Robert Lee, not driven by some public outcry.

And why does it seem that the ones complaining the most about "SJW fags" are always the most asshole-ish that get upset that other people don't want to listen to their shit?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The interesting thing about this to me is that apparently multiple people of authority at a major media outlet made this decision. This wasn't the impulsive action of some fire-brand or spineless bowing to public pressure. Apparently, they decided to do this on their own without prompting. IMHO it reflects contempt for their audience.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 808 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Panel of Karens pulls a Karen on being a karen tackattack 21 1106 August 7, 2020 at 8:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Statue of Lee to be removed from Va capital. Brian37 161 8567 June 16, 2020 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2068 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Heineken pulls sponsorship from sports team Brian37 0 259 May 31, 2019 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Brian37
  For Robert Mueller This Is Like [REDACTED] a 4 Year Old Minimalist 2 794 December 6, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 374 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robert Reich: "We might be heading for a crash as bad as 1929" Aegon 10 1048 September 13, 2018 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  R Lee Ermey Dead At 74 A Theist 16 3343 April 16, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Comey pulls KELSO BURN on you know who! Brian37 9 1409 February 2, 2018 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist