Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can fundamentalists be funny?
Can fundamentalists be funny?
It seems they can't. What could be the reasons? Maybe because they are constantly thinking about hell, sins and torturing people?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Can fundamentalists be funny?
(August 25, 2020 at 9:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: It seems they can't. What could be the reasons? Maybe because they are constantly thinking about hell, sins and torturing people?

Anyone who considers a good wanking off session as "self abuse" should be considered several bricks short of a full load....
(August 25, 2020 at 9:54 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: It seems they can't. What could be the reasons? Maybe because they are constantly thinking about hell, sins and torturing people?

on the contrary, they are alway funny. And guiltless fun they provide too.
Sure they can, but looks aren't everything.
Have you ever heard them try to counsel people on sex?

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Few things are funnier to me than people who claim to live under the admonition to ‘love thy neighbour as thyself’ going on a hate-filled, high decibel rant about how evil their neighbours are.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 26, 2020 at 5:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Few things are funnier to me than people who claim to live under the admonition to ‘love thy neighbour as thyself’ going on a hate-filled, high decibel rant about how evil their neighbours are.

Boru

In other words, the more Christian the man, the funnier the clone.
(August 26, 2020 at 5:26 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 26, 2020 at 5:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Few things are funnier to me than people who claim to live under the admonition to ‘love thy neighbour as thyself’ going on a hate-filled, high decibel rant about how evil their neighbours are.

Boru

In other words, the more Christian the man, the funnier the clone.

Nope.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think it may be more to the point to ask if they can be funny on purpose.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
This guy is pretty funny, and can be used as a drinking game with the phrase "father god". Might not help with the hurricane but you'll be to fucked up to care.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 769 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Dumbass - Funny stuff from the Bible Ferrocyanide 12 1263 October 26, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11146 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3788 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3277 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Too Funny! Minimalist 14 2469 November 23, 2017 at 6:59 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do fundamentalists think about moderates? Der/die AtheistIn 29 5791 September 17, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55923 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Funny Highlights from Ken Ham vs Bill Nye Salty Science 7 2271 January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: brewer
  Almost Too Funny For Words Minimalist 9 2912 November 4, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude