Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer
Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer
No where near as dangerous and crazy as this xhristard.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/trump-c...officials/

Quote:Trump cabinet Bible study leader has a new plan to aggressively expand ‘Christianizing’ of government officials

Quote:As reported by Right Wing Watch, Ralph Drollinger’s Capitol Ministries (the group that leads the executive and legislative Bible studies) are holding their first meeting of “Global Directors” at the newly-opened Museum of the Bible, which is owned by the same family that owns Hobby Lobby. According to an update Drollinger posted, “speakers will include several U.S. White House Cabinet Members, Senators and Representatives.” They also seek to “Christianize” state and local government officials.

Drollinger’s beliefs, as reported by RWW and other outlets, tend towards excluding women and non-Christians. He thinks women shouldn’t be allowed to teach men about the Bible, that Christians in power should only hire fellow Christians and that God only listens to followers of Christ.

As far as I am concerned this jesus asshole is a useless prick just based on his "followers."
RE: Almost Makes Me Pine for Reagan's Astrologer
(November 27, 2017 at 7:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No where near as dangerous and crazy as this xhristard.

Quote:Trump cabinet Bible study leader has a new plan to aggressively expand ‘Christianizing’ of government officials

Quote:As reported by Right Wing Watch, Ralph Drollinger’s Capitol Ministries (the group that leads the executive and legislative Bible studies) are holding their first meeting of “Global Directors” at the newly-opened Museum of the Bible, which is owned by the same family that owns Hobby Lobby. According to an update Drollinger posted, “speakers will include several U.S. White House Cabinet Members, Senators and Representatives.” They also seek to “Christianize” state and local government officials.

Drollinger’s beliefs, as reported by RWW and other outlets, tend towards excluding women and non-Christians. He thinks women shouldn’t be allowed to teach men about the Bible, that Christians in power should only hire fellow Christians and that God only listens to followers of Christ.

As far as I am concerned this jesus asshole is a useless prick just based on his "followers."

When offered choices Between evangelical Christianity and any other form of popular stupidity and superstition, one has little chance of doing very wrong if one always pick any other form of popular stupidity and superstition over evangelical Christianity.
So, are they going to get Trumply to repudiate and rebuke wives number 2 and number 3 ???

Might as well start by cleaning your own house first, right ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 27, 2017 at 7:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No where near as dangerous and crazy as this xhristard.

I like to point out to Christians that nowhere in their sacred texts does it say that Christianity must be the "ruling religion," nor does it even say that Christians should try to influence the government. It's supposed to be a heavenly kingdom right? Lay not up your treasures, right? Give unto Caesar, right?

I'd like for someone to point out the scriptural basis for Christendom. Fundamentalists like to claim biblical guidance. Where do they get this from?
(November 27, 2017 at 7:42 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:

I like to point out to Christians that nowhere in their sacred texts does it say that Christianity must be the "ruling religion," nor does it even say that Christians should try to influence the government. It's supposed to be a heavenly kingdom right? Lay not up your treasures, right? Give unto Caesar, right?

Besides, being the 'party in power' screws up their beloved persecution narrative. It's hard to credibly whine like a bitch about how "the world" opposes you when you have your proxies' fingers on the levers of power.

Then again, I don't look to evangelicals for integrity or honesty. As a group, they sold their souls decades ago.
(November 28, 2017 at 5:33 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(November 27, 2017 at 7:42 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I like to point out to Christians that nowhere in their sacred texts does it say that Christianity must be the "ruling religion," nor does it even say that Christians should try to influence the government. It's supposed to be a heavenly kingdom right? Lay not up your treasures, right? Give unto Caesar, right?

Besides, being the 'party in power' screws up their beloved persecution narrative. It's hard to credibly whine like a bitch about how "the world" opposes you when you have your proxies' fingers on the levers of power.

Then again, I don't look to evangelicals for integrity or honesty. As a group, they sold their souls decades ago.
IDK, the RCC practically owned most of Europe for centuries, yet they still managed to act persecuted by literally every other religion that existed in any country nearby, and some that were quite far away!

These assholes mastered majority power persecution complex centuries ago.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 27, 2017 at 7:42 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:

I'd like for someone to point out the scriptural basis for Christendom. Fundamentalists like to claim biblical guidance. Where do they get this from?

The issue you speak of is far more wrapped up in Byzantine political realities and really dates from the 4th and 5th centuries when the fucks really were the only game in town and set about persecuting their own who did not live up to the strict dictates of the imperial court and a handful of scumbag bishops who were in their pockets.  I highly recommend "The Jesus Wars" by J. P. Jenkins for a fascinating look at what these psychotic fucks were up to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 498 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 303 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  The $60M "Mistake"- it's almost orgasmic! Fireball 8 732 October 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Mueller Makes The First Move Minimalist 31 4339 October 30, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What's up with Trump lovers comparing him to Reagan? NuclearEnergy 15 2994 April 11, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Almost A Sigh of Relief AFTT47 31 2256 November 8, 2016 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Illinois senator makes racist comment in debate Doubting Thomas 15 1958 October 28, 2016 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  I Guess This Makes It All Better Minimalist 8 1430 August 10, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  WikiLeaks publishes searchable database of almost 20,000 emails from DNC. Tiberius 202 19676 July 29, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Nancy Reagan (Anne Robbins) DEAD at age 94 vorlon13 22 2167 March 6, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13