Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trascending through time
Trascending through time
After becoming an atheist, time has become one fo the most important topics in my mind. The reason, it is an unstoppable force. Dear people get old die, you get old, and have to suffer diseases and die. Basically everything that happens is because time is constantly flowing. 

I think that nobody, at least those who truly dream, ever see their dreams become real. We all die before it happens. The only thing we can do is leave a legacy, so that the future generations can continue our work, and at least they will enjoy what we could not.

So I realized, that even if we cant overcome time as individuals, we can as a collective. Our dreams and hopes will come true through the future generations, and the legacy we leave them. And this is all thanks to the fact that we humans can think and feel. Truly beautiful if you think about it. Somehow, our spirits, our minds, live in the passion of the future generations.

I think that as long as one lives for the future, one can find strenght against adversity. The future generations do not care if you were happy or not, if you married the person you loved or not, if you died of cancer or not. They only care about the legacy you leave behind. Perhaps I will not see my dreams come true, but I know that someone will enjoy as much as I would, and perhaps even more. I work and live for the me of the future.

As Newton said: if I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.
RE: Trascending through time
The End of religion has come?
No, not really. All it takes for a new religion to form is a bunch of mugs and one conman. Joseph Smith?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Or L. Ron Hubbard.

Or this mohammed lunatic.....
Nevermind.
What?
(December 4, 2017 at 10:12 pm)Macoleco Wrote: What?

I said something earlier about time then edited it out just because it seemed it wasnt needed to be said here. Dont worry about it.
I have a solution for you. Dream smaller.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'd say, "Do less drugs," but. . . something about that statement doesn't sit right with me.
The best times of my life so far, have been brief moments of crystallized happiness Smile

And it's okay if most of like is shitty or "meh" if those crystallized moments are awesome enough.

True, few of us get to fulfil our dreams . . . but don't forget those moments that turn out to better than what or who we had ever initally dreamed of Big Grin
So, Meth?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does one need to go through traumatic experience to truly appreciate living? Aegon 27 3140 May 14, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The philosophy of reaching God through utter depression WinterHold 11 1902 July 31, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Levi_Black