Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is not like a box of chocolates
Life is not like a box of chocolates
Everything has a positive and negative side.
It's all about perspective.
Even negative situations have a positive side.
Positive situations have a negative side as well.
If we only look at the bright side of life we will always be happy.

Life is not like a box of chocolates where we either have a good one or a bad one or a average one.

Life is like jumping off a cliff except we choose how deep the cliff is.
Life is only worse as much as we let it.
Life is only as much as unfair as we let it.

So, no, life isn't like a box of chocolates, life is like jumping off a cliff.
RE: Life is not like a box of chocolates
No shit. "Life is like a box of chocolates" is meant for an idiot, Forrest Gump, who is grasping the world with his limited intelligence.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Said the rape victim! New age bullshit!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Life is like waiting at a train station when the train never comes . . . and then occasionally people who are waiting for the same train go up to you and poke you.
Personally, I don't fuck with anti-gumpist cliff jumping philosophies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 11, 2017 at 7:35 am)pool the matey Wrote: Everything has a positive and negative side.
Even negative situations have a positive side.
Positive situations have a negative side as well.
If we only look at the bright side of life we will always be happy.

Life is not like a box of chocolates where we either have a good one or a bad one or a average one.

Life is like jumping off a cliff except we choose how deep the cliff is.
Life is only worse as much as we let it.
Life is only as much as unfair as we let it.

So, no, life isn't like a box of chocolates, life is like jumping off a cliff.

Oh phooy, to say others cant affect you is bull, if that were the case slavery would not have existed.  German Jews of WW2 most certainly were affected beyond their control.

Thee above is an over simplistic view on a very messy species. Long term in our planet's 4 billion year history, our planet, our sun, our solar system does not give a shit about humans, and sometimes bad things happen to good people, and sometimes good things happen to bad people.

Some humans have it better than others, some have it worse, yes, but your post is a very gross oversimplification of our species social interactions long term.
Life is like a box of hand grenades.

With the pins out.
Life is like a shit sandwich - the more bread you have, the less shit you'll have to eat. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 11, 2017 at 8:41 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Life is like a box of hand grenades.

With the pins out.

That would be more accurate. Some grenades don't go off until old age, but they can go off in the uterus, in childhood. 

The "grenade" can be disease, famine, crime, natural disaster, war or old age, but that pin always gets pulled at some point.

Rich and poor, famous or not, friend or foe, death gets everyone at some point.
(December 11, 2017 at 7:40 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: No shit. "Life is like a box of chocolates" is meant for an idiot, Forrest Gump, who is grasping the world with his limited intelligence.

Its a bad metaphor anyway. Every box of chocolates I've ever had has had a description of what each chocolate is on the lid.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Blameless Life is not Worth Living Rhondazvous 11 1464 January 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15383 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4098 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist