Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil?
Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil?
Or at least have nightmares about it?
Dreams are like our deep buried mind talking to us..and if it shows us nightmares it must mean we are actually scared of it but our conscious mind just zip closes it and keeps it in a corner or we just ignore it..
RE: Do you guys ever wonder about..tge devil?
Nope.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 12, 2017 at 6:38 am)pool the matey Wrote: Or at least have nightmares about it?
Dreams are like our deep buried mind talking to us..and if it shows us nightmares it must mean we are actually scared of it but our conscious mind just zip closes it and keeps it in a corner or we just ignore it..

No, I don't dream about superstitious fictional things, I am not a kid anymore. I had far more nightmares when I was a kid and did believe. Never had any really horrible frightening dreams as an adult.
I have nightmares of the devil regularly ...
But in my case, the devil looks and acts exactly like my mother in law! Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No nightmares about fictional beings here. Plenty of nightmares about people though!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

No. What is there to wonder about? Devil is just an infantile way, for dumb, narcissistic people, to try and distance themselves from their own bad deeds and shameful instincts. "Oh, no - these unacceptable urges I have, they're not a part of me. It's a magical evil goat-man, that makes me do it."

Pathetic.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
yes, my boss does sometimes appear in my nightmares, including some of my colleagues
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

No nightmares about the devil that I recall, but that may be the devil at work.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 12, 2017 at 6:38 am)pool the matey Wrote: Or at least have nightmares about it?

No nor do I worry about the bye bye man or monsters under the bed.

Anyhoo since we are on the subject of the devil, what is the deal in the mythology between him and god?

He was the right hand man so knew gods "powers" but still rebelled meaning either that he thought he could win making god less powerful or that gods rule was so intolerable that he could not take it anymore despite knowing he would fail.

And they still have games, see Job to see what I mean.

And the Devil acts as gods jailor with god apparently sending people down to be punished in his domain, which by having a domain at all makes god less than omnipotent.

its all very confusing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Nope. No nightmares at all. The idea of a devil was the first thing I dismissed as a child way before I decided that there was no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy birthday Gawdzilla where ever you are. arewethereyet 6 352 January 12, 2024 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Have you ever Met-up with an online Buddy? Uberpod 25 1371 December 3, 2022 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: Orbit
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2007 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  One for the guys onlinebiker 15 720 October 5, 2020 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You guys heard of Turo? ignoramus 21 1411 December 10, 2019 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: GUBU
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3116 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1028 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1632 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1652 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  One Has To Wonder Minimalist 0 252 June 29, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Minimalist