Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was almost caught being an atheist
I was almost caught being an atheist
Today I watched a video made by the atheist youtuber Holly Koolaid in my room and dad entered and saw me. Luckily he didn't get what the video is about and I invented another explanation which he believed. He got out of my room so I got on this forum. A few minutes later he entered again and almost caught me. I tought about locking up my room so this would not happen again, but I tried it years ago and he didn't like it. He's obsessed with controll. What can I do to be sure that I wouldn't get caught? I don't want to risk by telling him I'm atheist untill I'm financially stable.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: I was almost caught being an atheist
Only log in while sitting on the toilet?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 12, 2017 at 12:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Only log in while sitting on the toilet?

I don't necesarilly need to sit on the toilet, I can just as well pretend that I'm on the toilet and log in.

Charlie Chaplin
Atheism = satanism/hell to them?
(December 12, 2017 at 12:13 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Atheism = satanism/hell to them?

No, they don't believe in Hell. They're still very insistent on religion.

Charlie Chaplin
Oh wow I didn't realize how young you are.

I'm sorry that your parents want you to follow their religion.

I was gonna say "I'm sorry that your parents are religious", but mine are religious too but they never cared what I believed or didn't believe.
(December 12, 2017 at 12:15 pm)Hammy Wrote: Oh wow I didn't realize how young you are.

I'm sorry that your parents want you to follow their religion.

I was gonna say "I'm sorry that your parents are religious", but mine are religious too but they never cared what I believed or didn't believe.

I'm 18 and I'm in the last year of highschool.

Charlie Chaplin
(December 12, 2017 at 12:15 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 12, 2017 at 12:13 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Atheism = satanism/hell to them?

No, they don't believe in Hell. They're still very insistent on religion.

Don't you want to be in heaven serving Jesus?
(December 12, 2017 at 12:05 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: Today I watched a video made by the atheist youtuber Holly Koolaid in my room and dad entered and saw me. Luckily he didn't get what the video is about and I invented another explanation which he believed. He got out of my room so I got on this forum. A few minutes later he entered again and almost caught me. I tought about locking up my room so this would not happen again, but I tried it years ago and he didn't like it. He's obsessed with controll. What can I do to be sure that I wouldn't get caught? I don't want to risk by telling him I'm atheist untill I'm financially stable.

Even sharing a house as an adult, my mom hated locked doors. I hate to say this, but he owns the house or pays the rent,  And especially if you are a kid, he's going to see it as  his to control, that is just the way parents think. My advice is only do this outside the house, or wait until you get your own place and then you won't have to worry about what he sees or thinks. 

Seems you already gave yourself the answer in your own post. I've never been a fan of authoritarian views, but adults do see their kids as being told what to do more often than not. It would be nice if communication and cooperation were a common thing taught to society, but when it comes to kids, most of the time the parent sees themselves as the dictator. Fair? Not always no, but it really is how most parents get raised themselves.

I loved my mom, but we made lousy roommates precisely because she always thought that it was her role to tell me what to do. She always loved me and I always loved her, but I felt much better when I was out on my own.
(December 12, 2017 at 12:18 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(December 12, 2017 at 12:15 pm)Die Atheistin Wrote: No, they don't believe in Hell. They're still very insistent on religion.

Don't you want to be in heaven serving Jesus?

If I were to choose between an eternity of torture and an eternity of kissing God's ass I would choose... NONE. They're both torture for me.

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35404 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is being an atheist important to you? EgoDeath 63 6823 February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8647 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  The only human being to have won 2 unshared Nobel Prizes was an atheist. Jehanne 29 6637 March 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7043 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27698 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Caught in deep thought dyresand 9 3872 June 21, 2017 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Being atheist in the Bible Belt MyelinSheath 37 8934 January 23, 2017 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Being a sinner just for being born mlmooney89 110 15538 June 14, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is being an Atheist like? connietheTgirl 53 7228 October 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: ignoramus