Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too.
The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too.
It's not just Alabama.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/trumps-...t-matters/

Quote:Trump’s approval rating plummets in Iowa — here’s why that matters

Quote:The state that sets the agenda for presidential races and handed Donald Trump a decisive victory in the 2016 general election — Iowa — now overwhelmingly disapproves of his performance and believes the country is on the wrong track, a new poll showed Wednesday. This followed a trend of other Republican stronghold states, like Alabama and Tennessee, turning away from Trump as he also scores record-low national approval ratings.
RE: The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too.
When's the next election in Iowa?

Also, why is Iowa so pivotal? Something I've never understood.

No offence to anyone from Iowa (Tongue), but surely other states are FAR more important?
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 14, 2017 at 8:37 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: When's the next election in Iowa?

Also, why is Iowa so pivotal?  Something I've never understood.

No offence to anyone from Iowa (Tongue), but surely other states are FAR more important?

The Dems and Repubs like to push Iowa and New Hampshire because they are cheap to campaign in and it makes the locals feel important.  Other States are pushing back because Iowa and New Hampshire are mostly lily white and it skews the choice of candidates.  That's why they came up with Super Tuesday and also why California in now moving its primary to an earlier date.  In the past it was giving up its power to nominate candidates although it has the most electoral votes.
(December 14, 2017 at 8:55 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(December 14, 2017 at 8:37 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: When's the next election in Iowa?

Also, why is Iowa so pivotal?  Something I've never understood.

The Dems and Repubs like to push Iowa and New Hampshire because they are cheap to campaign in and it makes the locals feel important.  Other States are pushing back because Iowa and New Hampshire are mostly lily white and it skews the choice of candidates.  That's why they came up with Super Tuesday and also why California in now moving its primary to an earlier date.  In the past it was giving up its power to nominate candidates although it has the most electoral votes.

Thank you.

Much obliged.
Dying to live, living to die.
Yeah, that timing giving Iowa some sort of prediction power is based on the herd mentality. Sunny Cal (my state) should be contributing earlier to deliver a moderating message to the rhetoric coming out of Iowa and New Hampshire. Either state contains less people than many cities in California, and while I agree with most of what happens here, and that those two state's vote shouldn't be considered, they are currently considered too much. IMO.

...and I'm ecstatic to see that some people are finally coming to their senses.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Jimmy Carter and the Iowa caucuses back in the mid 70s is the Iowa thing.

So, don't get all hissy about 'em, Dems and Pubs have benefited (and been savagely BUTTFUCKED too) from them.

Newt Gingrich was as humiliated as his insensitive poonhound conscience would allow back in 08 or 12 (I forget the year, eat me) so worth it all just for that little reality check.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The primary system will be the end of us.
Don't run candidates who are child molesters or have polling negatives over 20%.

Piece of cake.

Funny (and sad) how many times though, some party poohbahs are going to stick their tongues in those particular light sockets before they learn the fucking correlation there . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You can't stop the voters from voting the wrong way.
I think the primaries should be a reality show.

Oh, wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Violent thunder and storm hitting the tower of Sauron in Mekkah WinterHold 11 813 August 23, 2023 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Too PC for me. onlinebiker 256 14033 December 20, 2021 at 6:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 850 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Obama: This simple '60 Minutes' question was 'too tough' for Trump WinterHold 7 786 October 31, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats Secular Elf 6 411 July 20, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1901 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  When Irony Is Too Good To Ignore BrianSoddingBoru4 13 2797 July 8, 2019 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Iowa is not Chicago....... Brian37 28 1627 May 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1721 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 460 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist