Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats
Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats
The Dominionists continue with inflicting their shit on the rest of our society:

Quote:At 7:14 am, Tuesday, July 14, chapters of the Bible will be read from the steps of every county courthouse — all 159 — in Georgia. A reader at each county will read a different section of the Bible that has been assigned to them... Knowing Georgia had 159 counties, the task of spreading the news about having a Bible Reading Marathon seemed like an impossible task... Tuck got some help from Dianne Bentley, State Chairman of the Bible Reading Marathon in Iowa.

“Apparently, she was looking online to see if any other states had BRM’s and came across information regarding our marathon and found my contact information,” Tuck said. “She told me about a project of Bible reading they were doing in Iowa on July 14, 2019.  They planned to read the entire Bible in every county.  Their governor signed a proclamation declaring Bible Reading Marathons all over Iowa.

https://www.cordeledispatch.com/2020/07/...r-july-14/
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats
WHAT?? People exercising freedom of speech and freedom of religion at the same time? What next - people peaceably assembling while they petition the government for a redress of grievances?

It’s the end, I tells ya.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Inspired by Iowa, Georgian Theocrats Perform Statewide Bible Reading in County Seats
Did the Iowa and Georgia satanists know about this?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
John Kinsella: Is this heaven?
Ray Kinsella: It's Iowa.

Field of Dreams

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

And all the heartland jews said "what the fuck, asshole?"
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Mystery is what exactly do they get from reading Bible? It's like if they read aloud from a book called "Hannibal Lecter's Memoirs", but worse.

(July 19, 2020 at 1:40 pm)brewer Wrote: Did the Iowa and Georgia satanists know about this?

Yeah they should be alarmed because Christians often indulge during these kind of situations in hate speech against the devil, calling him names like "the personification of evil", but what were his actual deeds? Poor Satan gets all the blame and none of the respect he desires.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I'd like to see a reading of the Koran (or some other obviously non-Christian book) in the same places to verify that the freedom of speech isn't reserved for bible-thumpers.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Florida humanist gives first secular invocation at Brevard County brewer 4 276 February 1, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Iowa is not Chicago....... Brian37 28 1580 May 1, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  New Iowa Law Restricts Abortion To Before Most Women Know They're Pregnant The Industrial Atheist 164 23823 May 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Iowa bill for bible class in public school brewer 20 3140 January 27, 2018 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The WLB Hitting The Skids In Iowa, Too. Minimalist 11 1028 December 15, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  One Alabama County Minimalist 8 518 June 16, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Iowa Caucus and all the Repubs are preechurs drfuzzy 8 1705 February 4, 2016 at 9:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ben Carson challenged by atheist voter in Iowa Brian37 13 2608 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Exian
  GoFundMe disqualifies racist and homophobic county clerks Minimalist 6 1137 September 4, 2015 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  WATCH: Gay Kentucky couple insulted and abused by county workers when they ask for a rado84 7 2497 July 8, 2015 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Longhorn