Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For A Moment I Thought They Had No Potties In Buckingham Palace
For A Moment I Thought They Had No Potties In Buckingham Palace
Didn't quite catch the beginning of this story:

Quote:Queen Elizabeth, is leaking because of a faulty seal.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42406138

I figured, WTF she's as old as dirt....it's to be expected.  But then I realized it is about the aircraft carrier which is brand new.
RE: For A Moment I Thought They Had No Potties In Buckingham Palace
Yeah, ships and boats leak. All manner of things can go wrong. IIRC, the 'maiden' voyage of the WWII Japanese battle ship Shinano was marred by a bad bearing on one of the propeller shafts. It limited it's top speed to just barely less than a US submarine which chased her for and eventually put some torpedoes in her.

Her Majesty's navy might want to fix the leak . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 20, 2017 at 11:54 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Yeah, ships and boats leak.  All manner of things can go wrong.  IIRC, the 'maiden' voyage of the WWII Japanese battle ship Shinano was marred by a bad bearing on one of the propeller shafts.  It limited it's top speed to just barely less than a US submarine which chased her for and eventually put some torpedoes in her.

Her  Majesty's navy might want to fix the leak . . .

Yeah, I was assigned a duty on the aircraft carrier I was on to watch for leaks on one of the prop shafts where they went from the people part to the sea part. The seals are loosened for use while underway, and then tightened when in port so that the ship doesn't get flooded while not under way. I had a special badge that let me go by the Marines, who were in charge of guarding the nukes, which were not aboard. Sleepy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
And here I was thinking it could be fixed with a box of Royal Depends.
(December 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Didn't quite catch the beginning of this story:

I figured, WTF she's as old as dirt....it's to be expected.  But then I realized it is about the aircraft carrier which is brand new.

There's a reason the RN is called the Senior Sevice, you know.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Didn't quite catch the beginning of this story:

So sad that Britain should be saddled with 2 such unaffordable and unconvincing ostentations of global power just as her true global influence falls through any previously imaginable nadir with the self inflicted brexit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK, Who Had "Cocaine Sharks" for July? Fireball 0 312 July 22, 2023 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4763 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  what malcom x thought of liberals and conservatives. Drich 42 2533 June 6, 2020 at 6:55 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Dicks had a meltdown, for good reason. Brian37 95 5058 October 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Hitler Had The Same Problem Minimalist 4 615 November 26, 2018 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Guess This Fucktard HAd Done All The Damage He Can Do Minimalist 1 569 August 10, 2018 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The WLB Has Not Thought This Out.... Minimalist 34 4600 January 7, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Seems As If They Had A Point Minimalist 21 3082 December 25, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Mere Thought Of This Should Make The WLB Shit His Pants Minimalist 40 3996 October 31, 2017 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I Always Thought That Stupid Fuck Couldn't Read A Map Minimalist 17 1711 September 28, 2017 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Brian37