Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what malcom x thought of liberals and conservatives.
what malcom x thought of liberals and conservatives.
no right or wrong answer here no gotcha, just found malcom X  recording on his political views and wanted to see what you think.

not my video only need to listen for the first 2 mins, the rest is a rally cry for black people to vote and for the party he supports to support black people in earnest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PaqxblOx0
RE: what malcom x thought of liberals and conservatives.
He had a deeply cynical view of white america and whites in general, sure. Softened when he took his pilgrimage. Wasn't without truth, particularly in it's time.

Course, there just might be some difference between liberals in the 60's and liberals today. Sort of like how there might be some difference between conservatives in 2015 and conservatives today? Nowadays, liberals calling for action and real progressivism instead of words and symbolic gestures are sjws and far-left antifa super soldier radicals and/or anarchists. I'm not sure that conservatives are even allowed to utter the empty words and remain conservatives. They've gotta hedge it with some blood and soil and fine people negotiations.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2020 at 12:46 pm)Drich Wrote: no right or wrong answer here no gotcha, just found malcom X  recording on his political views and wanted to see what you think.

not my video only need to listen for the first 2 mins, the rest is a rally cry for black people to vote and for the party he supports to support black people in earnest.

I think he was largely spot on - for 1963. As Nudger said, things are somewhat different today.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Malcolm was spot on--Still true to this day, IMO.

The Democratic Party will not be getting my vote in 2020 ; they are unworthy of Black America's allegiance.
And I am far from alone in that sentiment.
(June 3, 2020 at 12:53 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: He had a deeply cynical view of white america and whites in general, sure.  Softened when he took his pilgrimage.  Wasn't without truth, particularly in it's time.

Course, there just might be some difference between liberals in the 60's and liberals today.  Sort of like how there might be some difference between conservatives in 2015 and conservatives today?  Nowadays, liberals calling for action and real progressivism instead of words and symbolic gestures are sjws and far-left antifa super soldier radicals and/or anarchists.  I'm not sure that conservatives are even allowed to utter the empty words and remain conservatives.  They've gotta hedge it with some blood and soil and fine people negotiations.

again no wrong answers here, but are you saying liberals today can and do intend to offer black people more than the liberals who stood down the old school kkk?

Again no wrong answers but to me the 1960 marches were the purest form of liberalism and what was fundamentally good about the movement. so many people were liberated and given rights... today it seems like people are just trying to recapture that same sense of purpose and right doing, so they can excuse what is actually happening/looting and riots. back then the riots were out of control because the police looked to destroy/do things people claim to day/they did with impunity then... and this is the era X says was the most corrupt for liberal minded whites..  

Not only that did you listen to the whole tape? he semi embraces conservatives IF THE LEADERS were to truly seek out and honestly try and give what the black man truly wants. meaning this was not an anti white message at all as he seemed to yield to having white people in authority through his life time anyway. so he implores blacks to vote and to be wary of all liberal whites as they then wer evil incarnate.

(June 3, 2020 at 1:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 3, 2020 at 12:46 pm)Drich Wrote: no right or wrong answer here no gotcha, just found malcom X  recording on his political views and wanted to see what you think.

I think he was largely spot on - for 1963. As Nudger said, things are somewhat different today.

Boru

what in your mind was evil then and is better today? I always thought liberalism was in it's purest form back then

(June 3, 2020 at 2:07 pm)Athene Wrote: Malcolm was spot on--Still true to this day, IMO.

The Democratic Party will not be getting my vote in 2020 ; they are unworthy of Black America's allegiance.

did you always think this way?
(June 3, 2020 at 2:16 pm)Drich Wrote: again no wrong answers here, but are you saying liberals today can and do intend to offer black people more than the liberals who stood down the old school kkk?
Depends.  The dems who attempt to stand down modern white supremacy are demonized, even within their own supposed party, and obviously by conservatives across the board.  I'd say that those liberals, yes..would hope to offer more than people who merely told the kkk to go home, when they managed to do so, usually out of fear that the kkk made them look bad rather than any impulse to solidarity or a sense of being the same people..as Those People™.  

I'd note, as well, that the democratic party of the 60's was racist as fuck, openly racist as fuck.  You're thinking of the post malcom x democratic party, which, right up until his death, was in the process of reforming itself.  

Quote:Again no wrong answers but to me the 1960 marches were the purest form of liberalism and what was fundamentally good about the movement. so many people were liberated and given rights... today it seems like people are just trying to recapture that same sense of purpose and right doing, so they can excuse what is actually happening/looting and riots. back then the riots were out of control because the police looked to destroy/do things people claim to day/they did with impunity then... and this is the era X says was the most corrupt for liberal minded whites..  
Doesn't seem like anyone was given anything judging by the situation we find ourselves in today.  The premise of the civil rights movement has been notably squandered.

Quote:Not only that did you listen to the whole tape? he semi embraces conservatives IF THE LEADERS were to truly seek out and honestly try and give what the black man truly wants. meaning this was not an anti white message at all as he seemed to yield to having white people in authority through his life time anyway. so he implores blacks to vote and to be wary of all liberal whites as they then wer evil incarnate.
Republicans, at that time, were more in favor of the civil rights act than dems were...for context.

As I've already commented on..things have changed...even as others remain the same. My family, for example, were solid democrat voters throughout the 60's and also incredibly racist. Still racist...but they're dyed in the wool trumpists today. They didn't change. Todays trumpists literally were the 60's - we've mythologized them. Malcom had my family dead to rights, even if we're an extreme example...but I doubt that we are, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2020 at 2:16 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 3, 2020 at 2:07 pm)Athene Wrote: Malcolm was spot on--Still true to this day, IMO.

No. I used to vote Democrat, though I was never impressed enough with the party to register as one.
Slowly I came to accept that ALL you motherfuckers are the enemy. Big Grin
...he isn't one of us™.

Somebody check the temp in hell.
The KKK were Conservatives not Liberals . There is a difference between a Democrat and a Liberal .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 3, 2020 at 4:16 pm)Athene Wrote:
(June 3, 2020 at 2:16 pm)Drich Wrote:

No. I used to vote Democrat, though I was never impressed enough with the party to register as one.
Slowly I came to accept that ALL you motherfuckers are the enemy. Big Grin

Believe me, if you were an Arab you will realize that both Democrats and Republicans are two faces of the same coin. Democrats use soft power instead of Trump/Bush brute force; though.

While Trump took bribes from the Saudies on public; Hilary and Obama took it from under the rug.

This Demo-Re play sucks. I would give my vote to Sanders; but they murdered his public image.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 416 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This is what religious conservatives does. Brian37 31 1806 September 16, 2019 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  What The Hell Progressive Conservatives Amarok 0 178 March 11, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The WLB Has Not Thought This Out.... Minimalist 34 4683 January 7, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For A Moment I Thought They Had No Potties In Buckingham Palace Minimalist 5 1316 December 21, 2017 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Mere Thought Of This Should Make The WLB Shit His Pants Minimalist 40 4145 October 31, 2017 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I Always Thought That Stupid Fuck Couldn't Read A Map Minimalist 17 1782 September 28, 2017 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  She Has More Class Than I Thought Minimalist 17 3499 March 24, 2017 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Just When You Thought USian Politics Couldn't Get Any Nuttier BrianSoddingBoru4 36 4583 February 5, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Warning to my well intended liberals OP/ED Brian37 26 3055 February 4, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack