Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Popoff
Peter Popoff
I know, the name even seems like a joke.  He's actually real.  I didn't think he was still . . . even alive.  
I remember this serious jackass snake-oil salesman from the early 80's.  Faith-healer scam, big-time.  Lots of followers.  Until James Randi (LOVE HIM!!!!)
took him down HARD in . . . ah, the article says 1986.  https://www.gq.com/story/peter-popoff-bo...-scoundrel

I just saw a TV ad where he's selling mineral water.  

When I logged onto Popoff’s site, I was pleased to learn that by drinking his free “miracle spring water,” I could persuade the heavenly forces to obliterate my financial debts.
http://peterpopoff.org/
Popoff says his miracle water is from a Russian spring that has magical healing properties: “This packet contains water from the spring in Southern Russia where the pastors and Christians were led by the Holy Spirit to drink during the horrible Chernobyl nuclear accident…. No one who drank from this spring died from nuclear contamination. No one who followed divine leading and direction suffered illness.”

But of course he's been taken down again - a former employee, Crystal Sanchez, provided proof in 2016 that the "miracle water" actually is purchased from Costco.
https://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/the_woman_who_took_ on_popoff_the_hidden_story_of_crystal_sanchez_the_peter_

And this lying traitorous snake-oil salesman STILL has ads airing on TV, hawking his MIRACLE WATER that's going to make god's slaves RICH, and . . . 
WHY OH WHY IS THERE NO WAY TO STOP THIS???    This is absolutely criminal.  Why???
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Peter Popoff
The answer is "jesus."

Sprinkle that around and morons from all over fall on their knees.
I always wonder why christians never have anything to say about this guy. Or any christian scan artist.

Oh, wait.................
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Indeed
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Check out DPRJones' youtube evisceration of the fraud. It should be required viewing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Superstitious is as superstitious does.
We really, really, really need to teach schoolkids now to do their research.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus is rude to Peter Ferrocyanide 14 1263 January 5, 2022 at 11:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5760 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1729 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 6950 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Saint Peter's Bones Fake Messiah 86 22580 September 20, 2015 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  A bizarre anagram of St Peter's name Newtonscat 4 1748 January 17, 2015 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Alex K
  "Peter in Rome" dissected by Antonio Lombatti Minimalist 4 1726 December 21, 2013 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell? BrianSoddingBoru4 17 4482 November 14, 2013 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist