Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball
Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball
Here we go again.....

Church 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball

Senior figures in the Church of England "colluded" with a former bishop who abused young men, an independent review has found.
Peter Ball, who is now 85, was jailed for 32 months in October 2015 after admitting sex offences against 18 teenagers and young men.

Dame Moira Gibb's review criticises ex-Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey.
The review found Lord Carey received seven letters from families and individuals following the arrest and cautioning of Ball in 1992 for gross indecency - when he stood down as bishop of Gloucester - but failed to pass six of them to the police.
He also chose not to put Ball on the Church of England's "Lambeth List", which names clergymen about whom questions of suitability for ministry have been raised.
Ball was given funds authorised by Lord Carey to support him.

In her report, "An Abuse of Faith", Dame Moira said: "Ball's priority was to protect and promote himself and he maligned the abused".
"The Church colluded with that rather than seeking to help those he had harmed, or assuring itself of the safety of others."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40368573
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball
No surprise, though.  CoE is practically catholick in everything else, too.
I'll bet the Vicar of Dibley is somehow clandestinely involved.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
How did he only get 3 years for offenses against 18 people? I had a neighbor that had charges concerning only one kid and he got almost as much. I know it's a different justice system but it seems like he got off easy.
I'm still wondering if priestly semen ejaculated into the butt of a child transubstantiates into the body and blood of Christ.

Or does it have to go into the mouth ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 168 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Jesus is rude to Peter Ferrocyanide 14 1249 January 5, 2022 at 11:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1213 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1125 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 1935 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7282 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1164 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10543 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3376 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Purity Ball Fake Messiah 180 8349 December 31, 2018 at 4:30 am
Last Post: Amarok