Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell?
Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell?
Jesus said, 'Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.' Peter denied Jesus three times, therefore Jesus must have denied Peter. Thus:

1. Jesus was lying, or

2. Peter was lying, or

3. Peter is in Hell, or

4. The whole thing is just one of those made-up fables that no one caught during the proof-reading stage.

Which'll it be?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell?
Because Hitler stole his spot. God has a hard-on for mass genocide.
Peter was going to go to hell but then Judas happened to have killed himself on the same day so it all balanced out.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
God and jesus missed that one because Jesus was too busy getting himself hung on a cross and god was too busy traveling back and forth to Heaven to talk to himself.

Peter always was the lucky one in the group.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:Why Isn't Saint Peter In Hell?

Because there is no hell. Also peter is as phony as a $3 bill, too.
Peter became the first pope. So I guess by lying out his ass he set a precedent.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 12, 2013 at 8:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Jesus said, 'Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.' Peter denied Jesus three times, therefore Jesus must have denied Peter. Thus:

1. Jesus was lying, or

2. Peter was lying, or

3. Peter is in Hell, or

4. The whole thing is just one of those made-up fables that no one caught during the proof-reading stage.

Which'll it be?

Boru

5. Jesus was a maglomaniacal nutcase who talks big to the gullible and can't follow through?

Just saying.
More like: 5. Mental contortions that would make a pretzel barf.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Because I got that bitch tied up in my basement. That's why Tongue
There's actually so many contradictions in Peter's denial story among the gospels that God declared a mistrial.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus is rude to Peter Ferrocyanide 14 1255 January 5, 2022 at 11:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. onlinebiker 3 1086 December 27, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Gospel of Peter versus the Gospel of Matthew. Jehanne 47 5756 July 14, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Peter Popoff drfuzzy 6 1772 December 23, 2017 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 2012 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1728 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  God isn't all powerful dyresand 14 2385 January 31, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Saint Paul and temporal lobe epilepsy. Jehanne 1 1282 July 17, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Hell isn't scary dyresand 71 9038 June 11, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Lek
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 6941 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris