Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Privitization - The Republicunt Mantra
Privitization - The Republicunt Mantra
Such an overwhelming success!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/busin...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:I.R.S. Paid $20 Million to Collect $6.7 Million in Tax Debts

Quote:When Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was asked at his confirmation hearing what he thought about using private companies to collect money owed to the government, he replied that it “seems like a very obvious thing to do.”
It may have been obvious, but it certainly was not economical.
Private debt collectors cost the Internal Revenue Service $20 million in the past fiscal year, but brought in only $6.7 million in back taxes, the agency’s taxpayer advocate reported Wednesday. That was less than 1 percent of the amount assigned for collection.
What’s more, private contractors in some cases were paid 25 percent commissions on collections that the I.R.S. made without their help, according to the annual report by Nina E. Olson, who heads the Taxpayer Advocate Service, an independent office within the I.R.S.
RE: Privitization - The Republicunt Mantra
It's the GAO's fault. They are not letting private business steal enough money from the tax payers.
I was there the first time they have tried the private collectors route.  I think that goes all the way back to Reagan.  They let them loose on the Uncollected Funds reports and then were shocked when the complaints came flooding in from the Justice Department that these assholes were hassling people who had filed for bankruptcy.

They never learn.  The problem with republicunts is that they are ideologues.  Once they get an idea they march in lock step no matter how fucking stupid it is.
Hehe, you said "think".
St. Reagan the Demented was a long time ago.
(January 10, 2018 at 1:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Such an overwhelming success!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/busin...c=rss&_r=0

Quote:I.R.S. Paid $20 Million to Collect $6.7 Million in Tax Debts

Quote:When Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was asked at his confirmation hearing what he thought about using private companies to collect money owed to the government, he replied that it “seems like a very obvious thing to do.”
It may have been obvious, but it certainly was not economical.
Private debt collectors cost the Internal Revenue Service $20 million in the past fiscal year, but brought in only $6.7 million in back taxes, the agency’s taxpayer advocate reported Wednesday. That was less than 1 percent of the amount assigned for collection.
What’s more, private contractors in some cases were paid 25 percent commissions on collections that the I.R.S. made without their help, according to the annual report by Nina E. Olson, who heads the Taxpayer Advocate Service, an independent office within the I.R.S.

Programs such as that are favorite brother-in-law scams.  You can bet that the people running most of those companies are connected to the Congress Critters and bureaucrats.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Ass-Kicking And Republicunt Marsha Blackburn Changes Her Tune Minimalist 6 987 August 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  But It Doesn't Matter When There's A Republicunt In Charge! Minimalist 25 3728 July 31, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: johan
  The WLB Criticized By A Republicunt Who Is Not Retiring? Minimalist 2 707 July 22, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Banana Republicunt Thinks It Is His Personal Property Minimalist 17 2159 May 20, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Republicunt": why use terms like this? shadow 162 22881 November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1318 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Another Phony Republicunt Bastard Minimalist 0 431 October 3, 2017 at 5:32 pm
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 436 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2579 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm
  Sen. Cassidy - Too Smart To Be A Republicunt? Minimalist 4 1310 June 29, 2017 at 12:14 pm