Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:11 pm

Poll: Are you a singer?
This poll is closed.
Yes, I have a really great voice
5.88%
1 5.88%
Yes, I have a terrible voice
47.06%
8 47.06%
No, I'm too embarrassed to sing
17.65%
3 17.65%
No, there are legal documents stopping me
11.76%
2 11.76%
I'm not fucking telling you, nosy bitch!
5.88%
1 5.88%
Fuck all polls/singers
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admitting you're a singer
Admitting you're a singer
Inspired by Vulcanlogician's thread.

We all do it, even if not all of us will admit it.

We know we're all singers, religious folk and atheists alike.

So, where do you do it?  How well do you do it?  How loudly do you do it?

Do you sing to delight or annoy people around you?

I'll start.

I have a voice that, to quote Billy Connolly, is like a goose farting in the fog.

Worst show.  Doing karaoke with my best friend, Cassie, who has a worse voice than me, singing Rock the Casbah, somewhat drunkenly, and loudly, in a bar in Sydney.  When was this?  About 12 days ago.

Big Grin
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Admitting you're a singer
I sing, mostly inappropriate songs for the context/situation.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
There was no option for "my singing voice is registered with Interpol as a deadly weapon".
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 10, 2018 at 5:37 pm)Mermaid Wrote: There was no option for "my singing voice is registered with Interpol as a deadly weapon".

Falls under "legal documents".

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
lol I'm more of a growler. I have that thing where my singing voice sounds much better to me unless it's recorded because of all the reverberation in my sinuses and skull.
So I'm the worst kind of a singer. Bad singer. Halfway decent at doing growling vocals for Industrial, at least with effects.

FSM forgive me, for I am a really bad singer. Are you against asking for forgiveness? I haven't read your gospel for a while. Sorry for that. In addition, I'm a Celiac
*sniffle* I can only consume your goodness when it is made from corn or rice. *sob* But you know Wal Mart brand gluten free penne pasta isn't bad.
Did I mention how subhuman and terrible I am? And whatnot.
YES!

I am a filthy rotten singer. I admit it.

Usually, after singing, I feel as if I must go take a shower to "wash myself clean"... but I end up doing even more singing in there. So it doesn't help.
All the time, everywhere, and so loud.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Actually when I sang the power part of Cruxshadows "Leave Me Alone" It sounded decent. Whenever I wasn't singing loud, it was terrible.

That's why I gave up on that project.
(January 10, 2018 at 5:33 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Inspired by Vulcanlogician's thread.

We all do it, even if not all of us will admit it.

We know we're all singers, religious folk and atheists alike.

So, where do you do it?  How well do you do it?  How loudly do you do it?

Do you sing to delight or annoy people around you?

I'll start.

I have a voice that, to quote Billy Connolly, is like a goose farting in the fog.

Worst show.  Doing karaoke with my best friend, Cassie, who has a worse voice than me, singing Rock the Casbah, somewhat drunkenly, and loudly, in a bar in Sydney.  When was this?  About 12 days ago.

Big Grin

My first time ever doing karaoke was at the Maryland State Fair in 1993. There were over 10,000 people there. It was great. I got requests to do more songs. 

I've entered contests and won money too.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Mostly I sing to accompany the songs I play on the piano... not sure if it actually adds to the piano though! Often I'm playing so fast I can't actually sing all the words  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So I'm apparently the singer for a punk-rock band now Watson 21 3927 May 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious