Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Made Norway Great?
What Made Norway Great?
Turns out Norway was once a shithole country from which 25% of it's workforce emigrated to the U.S. for better conditions. Norwegians were then able to demand better wages for a less numerous work force. This resulted in Norway becoming one of the richest welfare states in history. Norwegian Americans were destined to become the butt of Garrison Keillor jokes.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...e-once-did
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: What Made Norway Great?
Could atheism be an answer?
(January 13, 2018 at 4:35 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Could atheism be an answer?

It certainly helps for the nations seeking an existence based on reason!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Climate ?

Natural selection ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Don't beat your children
I hate to sound my pinko trumpet, but this is yet another case of a country being "great" due to workers being empowered.
Was Norway ever consecrated to the heart of Jesus ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's the lutefisk that did it.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Knútr inn ríki

This guy, ruled Denmark, Norway, Nortern Germany, all of England and about half of Ireland, and to cap it all managed to pwn one of his more obseqious courtiers by going to the sea side.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(January 13, 2018 at 6:45 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I hate to sound my pinko trumpet, but this is yet another case of a country being "great" due to workers being empowered.

Some countries actually understand what a successful and (more) ethical capitalist economy looks like. As an American, though, I wouldn't know anything abiut that.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Great Man approach to history still have use? FrustratedFool 45 2361 December 6, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Great Find in Egypt Minimalist 22 1008 November 25, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: no one
  Great Buildings Of Ottawa Through Pictures Amarok 4 346 November 16, 2018 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Great Nation of Haiti! chimp3 4 1063 January 13, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Great Series On WW1 Amarok 0 541 June 22, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok