Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Find in Egypt
Great Find in Egypt
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46329051

Quote:Ancient Egyptian tomb unveiled

Quote:The treasures of an ancient Egyptian tomb, thought to be more than 3,500 years old, have been unveiled.
An archaeological mission, affiliated with France's University of Strasbourg, made the discovery in the Assasseef valley near the city of Luxor.
Two sarcophagi, each containing a mummy, were found. All are in perfect condition.
The archaeological dig also discovered around 1,000 funerary statues at the site.

One wonders what Ancient Eqypt could have accomplished had they not wasted so much of their time and energy on worrying about the "next" life instead of the only one they had.

Reminds me of today's religitards in a way.
RE: Great Find in Egypt
(November 24, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46329051

Quote:Ancient Egyptian tomb unveiled

Quote:The treasures of an ancient Egyptian tomb, thought to be more than 3,500 years old, have been unveiled.
An archaeological mission, affiliated with France's University of Strasbourg, made the discovery in the Assasseef valley near the city of Luxor.
Two sarcophagi, each containing a mummy, were found. All are in perfect condition.
The archaeological dig also discovered around 1,000 funerary statues at the site.

One wonders what Ancient Eqypt could have accomplished had they not wasted so much of their time and energy on worrying about the "next" life instead of the only one they had.

Reminds me of today's religitards in a way.

Evolution really doesn’t work unless religitards can be prevented from reproducing.
I look forward to seeing an article on this tomb in an upcoming issue of ARCHAEOLOGY. Clap
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
They evolve only so far as to survive in the environment in which they live.  98% of Ancient Egyptians were peasant farmers for whom survival meant "do what you're told."
(November 24, 2018 at 12:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They evolve only so far as to survive in the environment in which they live.  98% of Ancient Egyptians were peasant farmers for whom survival meant "do what you're told."

I meant now.
If you listen to Atlas it seems to me that the idea has spread to Saudi Arabia.... and most of the rest of the Near East!
The most amazing thing about ancient Egypt, was it was built by like 16 people.
One could say that without their sites on religitarded things they wouldn’t have been as great in their striving
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(November 24, 2018 at 8:42 pm)tackattack Wrote: One could say that without their sites on religitarded things they wouldn’t have been as great in their striving

If you call efforts wasted on dead end endeavors great.

(November 24, 2018 at 4:43 pm)no one Wrote: The most amazing thing about ancient Egypt, was it was built by like 16 people.

Really? Which 16?
(November 24, 2018 at 12:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They evolve only so far as to survive in the environment in which they live.  98% of Ancient Egyptians were peasant farmers for whom survival meant "do what you're told."

Sean Spicer wanted our reporters to do what they were told and look who he worked for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Great Man approach to history still have use? FrustratedFool 45 2520 December 6, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Great Buildings Of Ottawa Through Pictures Amarok 4 348 November 16, 2018 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Interesting Find in Jerusalem Minimalist 16 1385 August 15, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting Find in Turkey Minimalist 11 1255 February 20, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What Made Norway Great? chimp3 29 3713 January 19, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Great Nation of Haiti! chimp3 4 1065 January 13, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Nice Find, Boys Minimalist 5 671 December 10, 2017 at 2:02 pm
  Great Series On WW1 Amarok 0 542 June 22, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  We Won't Have To Wait To Long To Find Out Minimalist 22 4496 December 14, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Archaeologists Find Athenian Naval Base Minimalist 76 8781 August 3, 2016 at 6:32 pm