Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make it an oak tree
Make it an oak tree
I ran to the local convenience store to get some charcoal for my smokehouse.

Coming out - I note the Explorer that pulled in... Filthy dirty - lots of dings and dents. No license plate. The guy who gets out of the passengers side does a side stagger...nice... Drunk at 9 a.m...  The girl driver (who resembles a rat) appears to be smoking a joint... A whiff as I pass confirms it....

Driver takes a pull off a Monaco (cheap booze).

4 little kids in back seat.

Lovely....

Try not to hit anybody else will ya?

Make it a single car accident.
RE: Make it an oak tree
I'd have a picture of the license plate and be sitting in my car calling 911 so they can get those kids to safety.

Then I'd maybe post about it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 8, 2021 at 2:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I'd have a picture of the license plate and be sitting in my car calling 911 so they can get those kids to safety.

1. No plate.

2. I did not have phone with me. (BIG shock - I didn't even have my gun on me...)

But otherwise - good plan...

Wink
Geez, gramps, no cell phone with you? I bet there was a phone in the store.

I would have done what I could to try to protect those kids.

Maybe it's part of being a parent....nah, it's being a decent human.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I realized I needed the charcoal when I was outside - and my left knee and hip are giving me fits - and the wallet was already in the car - so decided to go without. It's only a few minute drive...

I considered the store phone - but figured the drunk passenger (who had gone inside) might make a bit of a scene if I asked to use the phone to report their stupidity....

Kobiashi Maru kinda thing...
An impaired adult - yeah I sort of think the same...just don't fucking hurt anyone else.

The first question I asked my sister-in-law when she called to tell me my first husband died drunk driving was "was anyone else hurt?".

I have ridden with drunken parents. My mother hit and killed a little girl when I was just a baby. Mom's been a drunk since forever.

Kids have no damn choice...as a functioning adult I don't see there being an option when kids are in a car with fucked up grownups.

But you do you.

Dollars to doughnuts he was a 'sovereign citizen'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 8, 2021 at 2:42 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(January 8, 2021 at 2:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I'd have a picture of the license plate and be sitting in my car calling 911 so they can get those kids to safety.

1. No plate.

2. I did not have phone with me. (BIG shock - I didn't even have my gun on me...)

Wink

I'm shocked... you went out in public without a gun!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(January 8, 2021 at 4:50 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote:
(January 8, 2021 at 2:42 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: 1. No plate.

Wink

I'm shocked... you went out in public without a gun!

I know.. I know.... It sorta feels like your pants are missing ......

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Porcupine Tree - Live song Edwardo Piet 0 771 October 10, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet