Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America’s Changing Religious Landscape.
America’s Changing Religious Landscape.
Old news to some, but it bears repeating:

[Image: PF_15.05.05_RLS2_1_310px.png]

More here:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/ameri...landscape/
RE: America’s Changing Religious Landscape.
I've noted a dramatic upswing in just the last year in the blatant rebellion against God's stated Word as recorded in Holy Scripture by the supposedly self-identifying believers themselves.

It's absolutely astonishing the depths of open apostasy in the religious.

Makes me almost question the need and utility of Atheist Forums as the religious folks themselves are rapidly disincorporating their very own document of Salvation.

Q: How many folks can an apostate lead to Jesus ?

A: None
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

They need a soft spot to land, V.  When their fantasies come crashing down it can be very disconcerting.  We who have already dismissed this horseshit have a duty to be there for them.  It's the "xtian" thing to do!

Angel 

Can you imagine how bad it will be when G-C finally realizes how badly he has been conned all these years?
Psh, he'll be dead before that happens...and that's why religionism persists.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 27, 2018 at 12:30 am)Khemikal Wrote: Psh, he'll be dead before that happens...and that's why religionism persists.

Yeah.
You get the "proof" conveniently when you can never tell anyone else about it.

Its the old "the cheques in the mail" ploy but infinitely delayed.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 27, 2018 at 12:27 am)Minimalist Wrote: They need a soft spot to land, V.  When their fantasies come crashing down it can be very disconcerting.  We who have already dismissed this horseshit have a duty to be there for them.  It's the "xtian" thing to do!

Angel 

Can you imagine how bad it will be when G-C finally realizes how badly he has been conned all these years?

I love this forum!  Without it, my "spiritual" existence would be a quite lonely one!!
(January 26, 2018 at 11:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I've noted a dramatic upswing in just the last year in the blatant rebellion against God's stated Word as recorded in Holy Scripture by the supposedly self-identifying believers themselves.

Makes me almost question the need and utility of Atheist Forums as the religious folks themselves are rapidly disincorporating their very own document of Salvation.

Q:  How many folks can an apostate lead to Jesus ?

A: None

So things are going in the direction!

I look forward to when Christian (or Islamic, or other religious) writings are regarded in exactly the same way as any other mythology. Somewhat quaint with a few amusing stories, but where everyone wonders how anyone could have actually believed them.
(January 26, 2018 at 11:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I've noted a dramatic upswing in just the last year in the blatant rebellion against God's stated Word as recorded in Holy Scripture by the supposedly self-identifying believers themselves.

2 Tim 4
3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions
(January 27, 2018 at 1:13 pm)alpha male Wrote:

2 Tim 4
3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

Just shows that early Christianities were unraveling long before the Roman Empire, for political purposes, imposed "unity".
(January 27, 2018 at 1:13 pm)alpha male Wrote:

2 Tim 4

Because *that* isn't an obvious guess. Aristotle was complaining about the same thing 300 years earlier. I think *every* parent in the world feels this at some point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does North America have the most Atheists? greekGod 13 3047 August 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32812 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Neil Tysons warning to America Justtristo 17 5837 October 9, 2012 at 7:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What is it about America? Does America's education system just suck? Xavier 87 30642 September 4, 2012 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Why is America so religious? Xavier 46 15291 December 22, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Only in America Faith No More 25 9217 August 19, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Changing my name BeoTurtle 16 3834 April 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  'God Bless America' in baseball games Nitsuj 15 6541 November 7, 2010 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Why Atheist and agnostics are misunderstood in America today. Bull Poopie 9 4585 September 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: FadingW
  America - A Christian Nation! tavarish 23 7922 April 20, 2010 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist