Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Uses $1m Win To Finally Visit Doctor, Gets Terminal Cancer Diagnosis, Dies
Man Uses $1m Win To Finally Visit Doctor, Gets Terminal Cancer Diagnosis, Dies
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-uses-1m-w...40822.html

Good ol American health care system. At it again.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Man Uses $1m Win To Finally Visit Doctor, Gets Terminal Cancer Diagnosis, Dies
Yeah, apparently the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, didn't make care affordable.
RE: Man Uses $1m Win To Finally Visit Doctor, Gets Terminal Cancer Diagnosis, Dies
(February 3, 2018 at 8:29 am)alpha male Wrote: Yeah, apparently the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, didn't make care affordable.

No but it did slow down the rate of cost increase. It was never the answer.  But keep in mind Republicans in Congress and Trump have been cutting funding for Obamacare.

It was basically a huge compromise similar to the Republican Individual Mandate Plan(s). It's not super left wing like Fox News and Republicans in Congress would like to tell you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapotheca...c376ed55fe
Alpha is there with his Perfect Solution Fallacy, I notice.
A-M loves the republicunt health care plan.  That is, "if you're rich enough to go to a doctor you can.  Otherwise, fucking die you poor piece of trash."  No one will ever confuse you with a humanitarian, A-M.
(February 3, 2018 at 9:46 am)Hammy Wrote: Alpha is there with his Perfect Solution Fallacy, I notice.

More like a final solution.   Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 3, 2018 at 9:46 am)Hammy Wrote: Alpha is there with his Perfect Solution Fallacy, I notice.

Fixed that for you.
(February 3, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A-M loves the republicunt health care plan.  That is, "if you're rich enough to go to a doctor you can.  Otherwise, fucking die you poor piece of trash."  No one will ever confuse you with a humanitarian, A-M.

Rich? When I was 23 I got a job at a convenience store that gave me health insurance. If you work harder than other people, it's not that tough to have health insurance.
(February 2, 2018 at 10:57 pm)Aegon Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-uses-1m-w...40822.html

Good ol American health care system. At it again.

All part of God’s plan... Huh
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
There's not enough information in the article to draw much in the way of conclusions. Due to privacy concerns, we're not going to see a forensic audit of the lottery winner and I find myself really wondering how he prioritized his spending, over an above 'splurging' on a Lottery ticket, or perhaps 'relying' on the Lottery as his retirement package.

ACA supplements were available (still are today, BTW) in the relevant time frame had his income been insufficient. I also note ACA help is not effected by assets, so his carpentry tools, truck, shop(?) would not have effected the amount of help he could have received. It's even possible his share of an ACA premium in this last year would have been less than the penalty I'll assume he paid for not having coverage.

As for his stage 4 lung cancer, I'm wondering if he had mesothelioma, and there is a separate 'kitty' for that issue. And no shortage of adverts beseeching folks to join the class actions and settlements already existing.

Also astonishing his med team, with a literal millionaire sitting in their facility, wasn't able to maintain him longer lest he really had been ignoring some pretty severe symptoms for quite a while.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 358 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 834 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  6% Of Americans Think They Would Win A Fight Against A Grizzly Bear BrianSoddingBoru4 25 844 May 17, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1655 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Black female Dr. dies of covid. Treatment in question. brewer 2 428 December 30, 2020 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Mitch McConnell finally recognizes BIDEN. Brian37 21 1296 December 15, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  GSA finally give in. Brian37 33 2514 November 28, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  First person cured of HIV dies of cancer Foxaèr 1 454 October 1, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 987 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1360 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate