Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrist/Forearm pain
Wrist/Forearm pain
I have pain on my left and right arm(mostly my right). My guess is it's due to excessive bike riding. Taking rest is a little bit out of the question. Are there any medicines I can take for recovery that you guys know of? I went to the doctor and she gave me four pills trycho, tramadol, calciplex, vitamin b complex with vitamin c. Also told me to get checked for uric acid whatever that is. Anything I can do?
RE: Wrist/Forearm pain
(February 13, 2018 at 9:00 am)pool the matey Wrote: I have pain on my left and right arm(mostly my right). My guess is it's due to excessive bike riding. Taking rest is a little bit out of the question. Are there any medicines I can take for recovery that you guys know of? I went to the doctor and she gave me four pills trycho, tramadol, calciplex, vitamin b complex with vitamin c. Also told me to get checked for uric acid whatever that is. Anything I can do?

Try using a wrist brace to keep you in the proper position while riding. Drug stores have them. You may be "slouching" on that arm.
(February 13, 2018 at 9:00 am)pool the matey Wrote: I have pain on my left and right arm(mostly my right). My guess is it's due to excessive bike riding. Taking rest is a little bit out of the question. Are there any medicines I can take for recovery that you guys know of? I went to the doctor and she gave me four pills trycho, tramadol, calciplex, vitamin b complex with vitamin c. Also told me to get checked for uric acid whatever that is. Anything I can do?

How old are you? Is it muscle pain or joint pain?

I'm old and it takes forever to heal. I've been doing a scoop of collagen peptides and two scoops of protein powder most mornings and it's helped a lot. Magnesium and turmeric are also good for certain pains.

Oh, and get a girlfriend...
Listen to your doctor. Online medical advice from total strangers, not so much.

It's hard to know off of just that information, but those sorts of pains are super common for rock climbers because muscles get unalined. If you do only one type of exercise you need to balance it. It's amazing what doing push ups, and stretching has done for pain management for me. Also talking to a physio is a good idea. Doctors are like to give you pills, but physical therapists will give you exercises that will help you manage long term.

Why is rest out of the question?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Why don’t you try praying?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(February 13, 2018 at 12:40 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:

Why don’t you try praying?

Uses The arm. It'd create a neverending feedbackloop of damage-heal-damage-heal...
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Physical therapy is afuckingmazing.
Must restrain self from making masturbation joke.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Try masturbating less. Or more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What has caused you the most pain? brewer 52 6438 January 2, 2018 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Cursing! For Pain Relief Jenny A 15 2062 December 10, 2014 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  so much pain MusicLovingAtheist 43 7035 October 2, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Which wrist Darwinian 16 3872 March 20, 2010 at 6:46 pm