Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An odd circumstance with religion
An odd circumstance with religion
This very day, I had an odd event with my next door neighbor. 

I was inveigled to fit a replacement dimmer switch in her kitchen. No problem.

Job done, I engaged with her 13 yo son on a trivial matter of agism, the usual, only  teens think 3/4 is a valid measure blah.

And then she decked him with a full bunched fist to the face.

At that point, there was little to be done, so I collected my various tools and withdrew.

One of the tools I collected was the victim to whom I gave a talking to despite the bruises.

Nobody has to tolerate that religious assault. 

The problem is that I am supposed to be going to replace another switch on Tue. Do I stand my ground? Or seek the easy neighbourly path? 
I don't know.
RE: An odd circumstance with religion
Even after I looked up "inveigled," I'm still lost.
So you were sweet talked into doing a electrical job by this lady. Her son then engaged you in a discussion about age, in which he was insulting. She then punched him right in the face knocking him down, and you are considering if you want  to go back and do another job ?

I'm not sure where the religious assault comes from.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
It's hard to replace a dimmer switch on a religitard.  No matter what you do they just get dimmer.

Still, I have to agree with Poss on this.  Where does religion factor in?
(February 25, 2018 at 5:48 pm)possibletarian Wrote: So you were sweet talked into doing a electrical job by this lady. Her son then engaged you in a discussion about age, in which he was insulting  ?

She then punched him right in the face knocking him down ?

And you are considering if you want  to go back and do another job ?

Pretty much. The punch came over my right shoulder, jesus was apparently weeping because we had a trivial convo about fractional ages between me and the kid. 

I was not expecting that. She laid an full on bunched fist to the kids face on the grounds that it offended jesus that we might argue about the trivial matter of whether one might be 13 and a half and how those few brief months might be important. The flying fists completely took me by surprise.

The follow on job was arranged previously before this ball of crap.
Wow. That's distilled ignorance right there. Not to mention child abuse.
(February 25, 2018 at 6:02 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Wow. That's distilled ignorance right there. Not to mention child abuse.

If done in Jesus' name, there can be nothing wrong with the action don't you know.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
While I did in the past reveal that I am an atheist (cue shock and horror) I hate to think what might happen were I to reveal that my eldest is an outright trans.

Good christian hate.
(February 25, 2018 at 6:00 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: I was not expecting that. She laid an full on bunched fist to the kids face on the grounds that it offended jesus that we might argue about the trivial matter of whether one might be 13 and a half and how those few brief months might be important.

Punching aside... what's wrong with a fractional age measure? I'm 19 and 1/2... 19 wouldn't really do it justice because I was not remotely the same person when I was 19 as am I as a 19 and 1/2 year old! I'm gonna side with the kid here. Metaphorical Jesus can punch me all he likes; increasing the precision of an already small measurement isn't something I will apologize for.

Also I find it hard to believe this actually happened. If it did please call the police!
Forget doing another job. No parent should be allowed to punch their child in the face, especially for so petty a reason. Call the police on her.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An odd question dudeabides 60 3124 July 13, 2021 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19600 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48971 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Odd sect or denomination sven 29 4993 March 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5160 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused