Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist "Kind" - A Classification with No Definition
Creationist "Kind" - A Classification with No Definition
So after watching Aron Ra debate Kent Hovind, the only question I have now is what in the ever lasting fuck is a Kind? It seems inconsistent and to move around all over the place pending on how the creationists see fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbSQgLhayI

RE: Creationist "Kind" - A Classification with No Definition
Ah welcome to the creationist world of Baraminology, a treasure trove of pseudo science coupled with utter delusion.

They really are below Peter on the chart.
Kent Hovind is a creationist. There are also "Truthers" who believe that 9/11 was an inside job, "choicers" that believe that people make an active, conscious decision to be gay, "birthers" believe that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, and "deathers" believe that Osama bin Laden is alive and well and living in with Obamas - sleeping between Barack and Michelle.

Like their truther, birther, and deather brethren, creationists are nut jobs who can't be swayed by the evidence (which they refuse to look at and then claim doesn't exist) or by reason (which they lack any capacity for).

The scientific evidence that  the Earth is billions of years old, and life on this planet evolved over hundreds of millions of years is kept in the same locked filing cabinet with the evidence that homosexuality is not a choice and that climate change is real. Everyone seems to have a key to this filing cabinet with the exception of conservative politicians, evangelical ministers, talk radio hosts, bigots, racists and the majority of the GOP's base.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
"Kind" is very much defined, it's synonymous with sort or species.
Is it, though?

What "kind" do the following belong to;

1.   Tiger
2.   St. Augustine Grass
3.   Mouse
4.   Tobacco
5.   Wolf
6.   Psilocybe Cubensis
7.   Great White Shark
8.   Bacillus Thuringiensis
9.   Live Oak
10. Potato
11. Orangutan
12. Hyena
13. Mackeral
14. Housecat
15. Corn
16. Beagle
17. Humans
18. Stingray
19. Fruit Bat
20. Eggplant
21. Lemur
22. Mycobacterium Avium
23. Agaricus Bisporus
24. Chestnut
25. Horsetail Fern

Our answers to the above would demonstrate whether or not "kind" was synonymous with "species" or "sort" (whatever that's supposed to be).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wink 
(March 16, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: "Kind" is very much defined, it's synonymous with sort or species.

So when the ringed salamander creates a new species every few months, is that evidence of one kind turning into another?
Huggy and Hovind are two of a Kind.

Assholes.
(March 16, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: "Kind" is very much defined, it's synonymous with sort or species.

[Image: 29356046_1599830083387128_41580740661102...e=5B38E4DF]
So huggies sticking with kind meaning species. Bold considering most creationist see the flaw in that and have moved on .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm)Mechaghostman2 Wrote:

So when the ringed salamander creates a new species every few months, is that evidence of one kind turning into another?

What determines their inability to produce offspring?

(March 16, 2018 at 5:22 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Is it, though?

What "kind" do the following belong to;

1.   Tiger
2.   St. Augustine Grass
3.   Mouse
4.   Tobacco
5.   Wolf
6.   Psilocybe Cubensis
7.   Great White Shark
8.   Bacillus Thuringiensis
9.   Live Oak
10. Potato
11. Orangutan
12. Hyena
13. Mackeral
14. Housecat
15. Corn
16. Beagle
17. Humans
18. Stingray
19. Fruit Bat
20. Eggplant
21. Lemur
22. Mycobacterium Avium
23. Agaricus Bisporus
24. Chestnut
25. Horsetail Fern

Our answers to the above would demonstrate whether or not "kind" was synonymous with "species" or "sort" (whatever that's supposed to be).
*Emphasis mine*

No, any dictionary or thesaurus will tell you that "kind" is synonymous with "species" or "sort"...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is Kind of Sad Minimalist 0 405 August 19, 2017 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Different kind of Traffic Stop Minimalist 3 1203 May 13, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Tongue Stuff Creationist Say Cholley71 0 718 April 21, 2013 at 1:47 am
Last Post: Cholley71
  Every Debate With A Creationist.... Minimalist 4 2650 September 13, 2011 at 7:43 am
Last Post: searchingforanswers
  Funny pics of all kind Ace Otana 74 52813 September 16, 2010 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  Top 10 creationist arguments Dotard 4 1238 February 10, 2010 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Pippy