Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just got a full ride scholarship!!!
I just got a full ride scholarship!!!
I just got accepted to the University of Alabama on a FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP!!! Big Grin

And guess what?? NO PRAYER REQUIRED!! Just an awesome G.P.A and a fabulous ACT score!!

I'm so excited, I just had to post this! Big Grin
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
RE: I just got a full ride scholarship!!!
Congratulations, what are you studying?
I am planning on studying business and/or international studies. I would love to live and work in a Spanish/Portuguese speaking country. I am not sure if I'd rather study in Latin America or Europe. I would prefer to live in Europe where I could be open with my atheism.
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
Wow! Congratulations, Jonah! Roll Tide!!
(November 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Wow! Congratulations, Jonah! Roll Tide!!

Hehe! Thanks Paul! I guess you watch their football games?

don't take this personally— I hate you. now that I said that, I don't hate you. I'm just going to be in debt for a long time.

congrats, that's awesome, I'm half Portuguese, but I can't tell you anything— I know how to say a bald headed turtle. spell it, I can't.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(November 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm)Jonah Wrote:
(November 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Wow! Congratulations, Jonah! Roll Tide!!

Hehe! Thanks Paul! I guess you watch their football games?

I'm a big fan of college football in general... and you gotta love the Crimson Tide! Michigan is my #1 team, but they're not the powerhouse they once were (we'll be back!)
Quote:I know how to say a bald headed turtle.

Why on earth would you pick up that phrase instead of something more useful like, " Give me a cold beer?"
Min Wrote:Why on earth would you pick up that phrase instead of something more useful like, " Give me a cold beer?"

it was actually my mother who picked it up and that's the only thing she remembers, but it does sound kinda neat. I'll try to find the spelling. okay I can't, but it sounds kind of like kater rata tataruga.
and the last two times I was with my Portuguese family I was not of the age to drink. so maybe I should have picked up "give me a cold milk." or "what?", "I don't understand." and probably "where's the tea?" just to be safe.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
(November 16, 2010 at 8:20 pm)Cego_Colher Wrote:
Min Wrote:Why on earth would you pick up that phrase instead of something more useful like, " Give me a cold beer?"

it was actually my mother who picked it up and that's the only thing she remembers, but it does sound kinda neat. I'll try to find the spelling. okay I can't, but it sounds kind of like kater rata tataruga.
and the last two times I was with my Portuguese family I was not of the age to drink. so maybe I should have picked up "give me a cold milk." or "what?", "I don't understand." and probably "where's the tea?" just to be safe.

??You want to know how do we say bald headed turle, it's "Tartaruga careca"

Well apparently beer is incredibly cheap here when my Cousin boyfriend came with her from america, he was amazed on how cheap booze was here

"Da-me leite frio" "o que?" "nao percebo" "onde esta o cha" this is without `, ´,~ ,^ because i can't just bother anymore

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7099 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 533 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2143 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Full freezer conundrum onlinebiker 5 394 September 18, 2020 at 1:38 pm
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1448 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1916 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3562 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 707 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3606 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm