Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Plates?
Got Plates?
Made a run to town today - and noticed 3 cars with no license plates at all - and a few with expired tags.

The DMV is finally open - but they are by appointment only - and services are limited to drivers license renewal and a couple other things...

I need to transfer plates from my winter to my spring car....So I did....

Of course I actually have insurance on it.

Whatta pain eh?
RE: Got Plates?
Sticks Larkin waves.
Yeah, I've still got to get my boat decal. IDK how they're doing it where you are, but here..there's a grace period for renewals that fell within the closure. I would assume that's also the case there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Can’t that sort of thing be done online?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 2, 2020 at 6:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Can’t that sort of thing be done online?

Boru

Sort of depends on where you are and what you need to have done.

Here, I have to have my car safety inspected annually before I can get the new registration sticker.  That requires taking it to a shop equipped to do so.  Luckily now once that's done, and your car has passed, that information goes to the state and I can renew online.  Mine wasn't due till the end of April but I had it done in March before all this madness started.

Last time I had to renew my driver's license I had to go in person...it was an hours long ordeal.  I was able to renew it once online.  Every other time I guess they want to get a new picture and check your eyesight...a lot can change in 12 years.  Thankfully next time I will be able to do it online.

The Department of Motor Vehicles is hell's waiting room.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Yes.

I have the full range of dinnerware.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 2, 2020 at 6:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(June 2, 2020 at 6:35 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Can’t that sort of thing be done online?

Boru

Sort of depends on where you are and what you need to have done.

Here, I have to have my car safety inspected annually before I can get the new registration sticker.  That requires taking it to a shop equipped to do so.  Luckily now once that's done, and your car has passed, that information goes to the state and I can renew online.  Mine wasn't due till the end of April but I had it done in March before all this madness started.

Last time I had to renew my driver's license I had to go in person...it was an hours long ordeal.  I was able to renew it once online.  Every other time I guess they want to get a new picture and check your eyesight...a lot can change in 12 years.  Thankfully next time I will be able to do it online.

I keep hearing stories of nightmare visits to the DMV.

Are they really that inept?
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 2, 2020 at 6:48 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 2, 2020 at 6:44 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Sort of depends on where you are and what you need to have done.

I keep hearing stories of nightmare visits to the DMV.

Are they really that inept?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

When I went to renew my driver's license I showed up over an hour early and the line waiting was already at least 30 people.  Once opened we were filed in and seated to wait our turn.  Sadly, a lot of people don't bring everything with them that they need to have.  Of course, the list of things you need has changed in the last few years.  I had to get an original copy of my birth certificate though I have had a driving permit since about 1972 or 1973.  All of a sudden I had to prove I was born, I guess.

Most DMV workers take a break between each person they serve.  

Heaven forbid that during your hours long sentence you have to use the restroom. If they call your name and you don't leap to attention, your name can be put on the bottom of the list.

You would need to draw a chalk line on the floor to see if some of them are actually moving.

DMV offices are also notoriously understaffed.  

The horror stories are true.  I have never met anyone who was happy about having to go to the DMV.

I have had the misery of dealing with this in four different states in four different regions of the country...they all suck.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(June 2, 2020 at 5:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Made a run to town today - and noticed 3 cars with no license plates at all - and a few with expired tags.

The DMV is finally open - but they are by appointment only - and services are limited to drivers license renewal and a couple other things...

Whatta pain eh?

Planning a bank robbery?

I once drove an entire year with an expired drivers licence without realizing it. Not an expired licence plate but still. I forgot why I finally noticed. I think it was getting ID'd for beer or something. But damn I was one paranoid SOB until I got my replacement.

Long ago I did get pulled over for an expired tag. Cop let me go as long as I promised to get it renewed quickly,
(June 2, 2020 at 7:16 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 2, 2020 at 5:38 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Made a run to town today - and noticed 3 cars with no license plates at all - and a few with expired tags.

Whatta pain eh?

Planning a bank robbery?

I once drove an entire year with an expired drivers licence without realizing it. Not an expired licence plate but still. I forgot why I finally noticed. I think it was getting ID'd for beer or something. But damn I was one paranoid SOB until I got my replacement.

Long ago I did get pulled over for an expired tag. Cop let me go as long as I promised to get it renewed quickly,

Don’t they send you notices when it’s time to renew those things?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6880 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 485 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 1963 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1797 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3440 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 703 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3506 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Got Nut Juice? Yonadav 22 1254 February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4720 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  What's New? - Just got Back. Goosebump 6 691 February 17, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist