Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew McCabe fired just days before retirement
Andrew McCabe fired just days before retirement
Would have retired, and been entitled to, full benefits on Sunday, but was fired for "lack of candor " with journalists.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/974829666673426432
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Andrew McCabe fired just days before retirement
Then we should fire the WLB for the same violation.  Right fucking now.
So Jeff Sessions will imperil a man's pension to score points with Trump in some vain attempt to forestall his own almost certain departure. Classy, scumbag!
(March 16, 2018 at 10:56 pm)c172 Wrote: Would have retired, and been entitled to, full benefits on Sunday, but was fired for "lack of candor " with journalists.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/974829666673426432

You know, I think Bonespurs will actually do the impossible. He'll manage to turn the FBI democrat.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
We have quickly become one ugly excuse for a nation. I always felt that the Trump/Republican administration would be awful, but this is far, far worse than imagined. I am more and more convinced that a society so ill that it allowed someone like Trump to take power, and is making no real effort to remove him by whatever means necessary, is one that can not, and should not, survive.
"The FBI's OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions." - CNN front page article

It's very possible McCabe deserved to be fired.
Not days. 28 hours.   day with negligible rounding error.   Nothing says smarts as a president who would rather have a pissed off FBI agent outside the tent pissing in, rather than cut him a deal to stay quiet, allow him to retire so he is inside the tent pissing out.

(March 17, 2018 at 6:00 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: So Jeff Sessions will imperil a man's pension to score points with Trump in some vain attempt to forestall his own almost certain departure. Classy, scumbag!

McCabe will not miss his pension.  His book deal will be worth many times more.
(March 17, 2018 at 10:45 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(March 17, 2018 at 6:00 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: So Jeff Sessions will imperil a man's pension to score points with Trump in some vain attempt to forestall his own almost certain departure. Classy, scumbag!

True. I'm not really concerned about McCabe's money so much as I'm incensed at Sessions and his self-serving, toadying behavior. No balls. No class.
(March 17, 2018 at 10:45 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Not days. 28 hours.   day with negligible rounding error.   Nothing says smarts as a president who would rather have a pissed off FBI agent outside the tent pissing in, rather than cut him a deal, allow him to retire so he is inside the tent pissing out.

Doesn't matter. The private sector, and even public employee unions, have for decades fired people right before their pensions kick in to save money.

I doubt this had anything to do with pensions and everything to do with 45 being a bully trying to avoid a charge by the FBI. 

Never in my lifetime since I started paying attention to politics, have I seen this amount of turnover rate in one administration at that pace. This is not the behavior of a president that knows what he is doing. This is the behavior of a despot wannabe.
Can't help but feel in this hyper partisan era if McCabe's sin had been the other way round and we switch all references to the other party/candidate, McCabe would consider himself lucky to only be fired and not stuffed in a cement mixer with razor blades and bowling balls and rabid bats.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking forward to 3 days of hearings? Brian37 3 367 February 27, 2019 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Andrew Yang 2020 EgoDeath 0 195 February 19, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 951 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 991 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kelly's Days Are Numbered Minimalist 22 4892 September 2, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  This Was Apparent To A Lot Of Us Before The Election, Laddie! Minimalist 12 1450 August 18, 2017 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This is awkward, but...whatever happened to defeating ISIS in 30 days? NuclearEnergy 9 3821 May 24, 2017 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Never before seen footage of Trump and Bannon NuclearEnergy 1 983 May 16, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  1st 100 days? Blue Man 7 1178 February 16, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you think Muslims will dominate the world again like they used before? Defender 79 15433 January 3, 2017 at 4:24 am
Last Post: account_inactive