Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Cessna
Ask a Cessna
Yup, my moniker on this here forum is an airplane:

[Image: a5a8cfa6407b0865c5ebc56336b6b4ff.jpg]

Ask a
-man
-Northern European-descended (mostly) yank (FWIW)
-American
-single
-childless
-ex YMCA Christian 
-ex Unitarian Universalist
-atheist
-social democrat
-Independent (I)
-cheap beer enthusiast 
-would-be wino
-soccer fan
-gymnastics fan
-college women's tennis fan
-casual volleyball fan
-dude who is sportsy, but clueless on the Big 4 American sports
-former slammer, dishwasher, front ender, and library assistant
-non-pet-owner
-SLACK-impaired
-former-Zonie
-former-lots of things
-spina bifida patient
-future organ donor
-tiramisu lover
-Spotify-user
-NPR-head
-public radio fan
-survivor, but not thriver, of high school and college
-former student at 4 high schools in tree states
-non animal owner

-and, I'm sure, many more things. Ask away. And may I offer some Girl Scout cookies?

[Image: ZvxjJ.jpg]
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Ask a Cessna
What did you throw in the crockpot most recently?
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(March 20, 2018 at 2:28 am)J a c k Wrote: What did you throw in the crockpot most recently?

Old people?
Dying to live, living to die.
Cat or dog?
Dying to live, living to die.
Wow. You know what? It's been a while for the crockpot. Like a few months. I think it was something mundane like chicken noodle soup. And tbh, I have had like an ounce of pasta sitting around (not macaroni, something smaller) for several months (I think it's still good), not knowing what to do with it, since I haven't been in an Italian mood in at least a year (besides pizza). I think I might do that this weekend.

Grazzi!

(March 20, 2018 at 2:33 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: Cat or dog?

I grew up with cats, and still prefer them, but I'm down with a bullie or pug. But I am without pets.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
What... is the unladen wing speed of a swallow?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Why aren’t you a piper or cirrus?
Mach 1 if he's aiming for my crockpot. Never done swallow noodle soup, though. I'll start a thread for that when I cross that bridge.

(March 20, 2018 at 2:43 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Why aren’t you a piper or cirrus?

Dunno. I just really like C 172's, even though they are so common. Them and any VLJ (very light jet). Commercially, Boeing. I like the 747 and my uncle works there (Seattle area).
Time to put your money where your mouth is C!

3 hours in a C172 or 3 hours in a 2 engine piper?

I know the piper pilot would appreciate my eu de cologne de naturale a lot better!

(yeah, I shit my pants easy in small planes lol! It's not like I'm scared of heights or anything, I'm just petrified of hitting the ground really hard!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Why not a C182? Sure, the C172 is more affordable but the C182 is a true 4-person plane. You can actually take off with 4 adults with luggage and travel for hundreds of nautical miles. The C172 is laudably well-mannered and therefore well-suited for use by week-end pilots but it's not suitable for anything other than short joy rides with 4 persons.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein