Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Tell Me You Barbaric Rebel Shitwit
So Tell Me You Barbaric Rebel Shitwit
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/federal...rug-cases/

Quote:Federal prosecutors told to seek death penalty in drug cases

Are you going to start with the drug company executives who send 20 million pills into towns with a total population of 3,000?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...wn-of-3-00

Or are you going to focus on black kids with a nickel bag?

I'm guessing the latter have more to worry about.  That's what happens when the Klan runs the Justice Department.
RE: So Tell Me You Barbaric Rebel Shitwit
(March 21, 2018 at 1:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/federal...rug-cases/

Quote:Federal prosecutors told to seek death penalty in drug cases

Are you going to start with the drug company executives who send 20 million pills into towns with a total population of 3,000?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...wn-of-3-00

Or are you going to focus on black kids with a nickel bag?

I'm guessing the latter have more to worry about.  That's what happens when the Klan runs the Justice Department.

If you are white and rich you can do whatever the fuck you want, if you get caught, you get a slap on the wrist. But if you are a  minority and poor, you deserve the worst punishment.

The data is in on the inequality in the justice system. Between whites and minorities charged with similar crimes, on average whites will get charged less harshly and get shorter sentences if convicted.
Yeah, let's see the death penalty for big Pharma directors like those at McKesson!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Not as long as they keep sending those checks in to politicians.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017...oid-crisis

Quote:Pharmaceutical companies spend far more than any other industry to influence politicians. Drugmakers have poured close to $2.5bn into lobbying and funding members of Congress over the past decade.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars have gone to McConnell – although he is hardly alone. Nine out of 10 members of the House of Representatives and all but three of the US’s 100 senators have taken campaign contributions from pharmaceutical companies seeking to affect legislation on everything from the cost of drugs to how new medicines are approved.
Trump’s nominee for drug czar, the US congressman Tom Marino, was forced to withdraw after a report by the Washington Post and CBS’s 60 Minutes highlighted his role in forging legislation that hinders the DEA’s ability to move against drug distributors or pharmacies recklessly dispensing the opioid painkillers at the heart of the epidemic, which claims more than 100 lives a day.

Naturally, we have to learn about this from the UK!
(March 21, 2018 at 2:17 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Yeah, let's see the death penalty for big Pharma directors like those at McKesson!

I know, right? How many people did they kill in the pursuit of profit?
Legislatively (state/county/municipal) so far, the trend is towards greater legalization of marijuana. Can we really get harpy about drug companies strongly pushing their in house manufactured opiates ?? Perfectly legal for a doctor to write a scrip for pretty much anything, and no money is going to Taliban poppy farmers of Mexican drug lords.

Maybe more supervised dosing is the answer instead of cutting off supplies at this point to addicts who are going to find alternatives. Existence of Narcan to me at least, seems to be just as bad as increased 'legal' prescribing of opiates.

There is also a product available, that I feel is PARTICULARLY dangerous. The 5 mg/325 mg opiate/Tylenol pill. (Norco) Hard to OD on the opiate content for sure, but SO VERY EASY to get a lethal dose of liver rotting Tylenol if somebody tries, and I bet liver failure deaths from Norco OD'ing are not counted as opiate deaths.

So, I'm having doubts the opiate death rate numbers we are seeing are even accurate. They could be considerably low from not counting liver failures.

Even harder to fathom out drug policy when the numbers we're getting are suspect and an entire subset of the problem isn't included in the tally.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

We are very particular about which drugs kill you, V.

Alcohol and nicotine, for example, are staples of the government's revenue stream.
Yup makes you wonder where it stops .Are doctors on the chopping block for prescribing opioids? And will Republicans who support this be willing to go after other large scale social killers?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Quote:“Drug traffickers, transnational criminal organizations, and violent street gangs all contribute substantially to this scourge. To combat this deadly epidemic, federal prosecutors must consider every lawful tool at their disposal,” he said.

The NRA, Gun Dealers, and Gun Manufcaturerrs all contribute substantially to this scourge. So I guess by his logic, it's time to make being an NRA Member a crime worthy of the death penalty.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(March 21, 2018 at 2:43 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Can we really get harpy about drug companies strongly pushing their in house manufactured opiates ??

Yes, we can, if and when they're pushing dangerously addictive shit far in excess of what is medically necessary.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America tries to tell the worlds infants No Boobs For You. brewer 76 9416 July 20, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Tell Us Something We Don't Know Minimalist 14 1221 June 1, 2018 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Jeff. Didn't Jesus Tell You Not To Lie? Minimalist 3 780 November 2, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  The WLB Fucks Our Syrian Rebel "Allies" Minimalist 13 1647 July 28, 2017 at 12:55 am
  Tell Me Again Why We Are Helping These People? Minimalist 6 1941 June 19, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: brewer
  So, tell me again what your mirror tells you after voting for that man abaris 113 13824 November 17, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Ok, tell me how this is NOT racially motivated. BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2153 July 23, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  You think "Allah" is trying to tell us something? Regina 15 2748 September 27, 2015 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Colorado Appeals Court Tell Xtian Baker Minimalist 28 5036 August 26, 2015 at 9:06 pm
  Tell Us Something We Don't Know, Prof. Minimalist 9 1301 December 2, 2014 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus