Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LGBTQ rights making progress.
LGBTQ rights making progress.
Trump has not yet remade the federal judiciary:

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/3/7/...rotections
RE: LGBTQ rights making progress.
Needs more initials.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
There's a Q now?
There's been a Q for years.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I would like this to become a precedent for my state of Ohio and hope it does.
(March 23, 2018 at 10:38 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: There's been a Q for years.

I consider myself to be a 'Q' (for "Queer").
(March 23, 2018 at 9:59 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Needs more initials.

Why is it always the total douchebags who seem to hold bigoted opinions?

This is fantastic news. And in case anyone else on AF hasn't noticed, I am very very very pro-transperson's rights and anti-transphobia just as I am pro-homosexual rights and anti-homophobia and pro black rights and women's rights and against racism and sexism.

I'm also pro free speech though. Without that we wouldn't be able to hear the bigots like CapnAwesome speak out. It's better to know where the bigots are.

And I'm just pro free speech in general for everyone. Civilization would come to a standstill without it. "Virtue signaling" and safe spaces and trying to shut down free speech may be deemed the "regressive left" but there's nothing actually left about shutting down free speech.

Like I have said elsewhere, the fact that a thread on AF titled "Faggot named Elton" or "Nigger named Wonder" wouldn't be allowed is a good thing, but the fact that "Man named Tiffany" is allowed when referring to a transWOMAN... the fact that trans related slurs are allowed but slurs against other groups aren't.... just speaks to my exact point that even amongst otherwise progressive people.... some of them still don't get transgender rights to the same level as they get the rights of other groups.

Homophobia and racism are awful. But many people get that those things are awful. The same with sexism, it's awful, but many people get it. People should never stop raising consciousness on those matters, but there's less awareness of transgender rights and more transphobia than any of the other groups by far. So much so that literally people who won't be bigoted in other area, will still not get transgenderism.

The rights of all groups are important, but transgender rights are top priority at this point, as they're not taken as seriously as the other groups, and they absolutely should be because there's absolutely no reason for them not to be and it absolutely is as serious.

(March 23, 2018 at 1:46 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 10:38 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: There's been a Q for years.

I consider myself to be a 'Q' (for "Queer").

I don't know much about what it means to be genderqueer and how it differs from say, genderfluid. And I am also unaware if it's a subcategory of being trans or something else entirely.

And because I don't know much about what it means, I'd very much love to be educated on it. Unlike some bigoted fucktards who will simply make fun of what they don't understand because they're bigoted fucktards.
(March 23, 2018 at 1:54 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 9:59 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Needs more initials.

Why is it always the total douchebags who seem to hold bigoted opinions?

This is fantastic news. And in case anyone else on AF hasn't noticed, I am very very very pro-transperson's rights and anti-transphobia just as I am pro-homosexual rights and anti-homophobia and pro black rights and women's rights and against racism and sexism.

I'm also pro free speech though. Without that we wouldn't be able to hear the bigots like CapnAwesome speak out. It's better to know where the bigots are.

And I'm just pro free speech in general for everyone. Civilization would come to a standstill without it. "Virtue signaling" and safe spaces and trying to shut down free speech may be deemed the "regressive left" but there's nothing actually left about shutting down free speech.

Like I have said elsewhere, the fact that a thread on AF titled "Faggot named Elton" or "Nigger named Wonder" wouldn't be allowed is a good thing, but the fact that "Man named Tiffany" is allowed when referring to a transWOMAN... the fact that trans related slurs are allowed but slurs against other groups aren't.... just speaks to my exact point that even amongst otherwise progressive people.... some of them still don't get transgender rights to the same level as they get the rights of other groups.

Homophobia and racism are awful. But many people get that those things are awful. The same with sexism, it's awful, but many people get it. People should never stop raising consciousness on those matters, but there's less awareness of transgender rights and more transphobia than any of the other groups by far. So much so that literally people who won't be bigoted in other area, will still not get transgenderism.

The rights of all groups are important, but transgender rights are top priority at this point, as they're not taken as seriously as the other groups, and they absolutely should be because there's absolutely no reason for them not to be and it absolutely is as serious.

(March 23, 2018 at 1:46 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I consider myself to be a 'Q' (for "Queer").

I don't know much about what it means to be genderqueer and how it differs from say, genderfluid. And I am also unaware if it's a subcategory of being trans or something else entirely.

And because I don't know much about what it means, I'd very much love to be educated on it. Unlike some bigoted fucktards who will simply make fun of what they don't understand because they're bigoted fucktards.

What bigoted opinion? I didn't express an opinion. Saying that it needs more letters is a joke, not an opinion. But if you continie insult me anymore over nothing and stalk my posts, i will start to return fire. I don't think you appreciate how polite I've been to you, especially considering what can be said about you. Even though you stalk me around the forum just to insult me. I can be far meaner to you than you can be to me.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I wasn't offended; I kind of look on it from the perspective of the SNL Ace & Gary cartoons.

For me, 'Q' is a subset of being transgender -- I consider myself "70% percent female, 20% male and 10% guilt" (or, in other words, "20% male, 80% female"). I have aspects of me that feel fully female (long hair, shaven legs), but as for other things, they are best left "intact".
(March 23, 2018 at 2:25 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I can be far meaner to you than you can be to me.

No you can't possibly, your feelings are far easier to hurt than mine are.

Now you're just playing dumb. You made a joke BECAUSE of bigoted opinions that you've expressed elsewhere. There's nothing wrong with un-PC jokes but I know why you're making light of this thread that's about an important issue so don't play dumb. Are you not extremely pleased about the news this thread speaks of?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women's Rights Lek 314 18487 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Are executions making the US look bad? Jehanne 33 1649 May 18, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  New Zealand - you gotta be this old to have rights. onlinebiker 123 5392 December 13, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4979 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2185 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 610 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 493 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, Round 2 Angrboda 330 17183 August 23, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  So After All That Tough Talk And Excuse Making Amarok 22 3335 July 9, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Hypothetical For Gun Rights Advocates BrianSoddingBoru4 79 7900 April 2, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Lek