Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED!
V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fires-veterans-affairs-secretary-shulkin-214223514--politics.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=d9780ae9-562b-3ef5-9d83-c17f2088b031&.tsrc=notification-brknews

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump fired Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin on Wednesday in the wake of a bruising ethics scandal and a mounting rebellion within the agency.
Shulkin is the second Cabinet secretary to depart over controversies involving expensive travel, following former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price's resignation last September.
Trump is nominating Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson to succeed Shulkin, a former Obama administration official and the first non-veteran ever to head the VA. Jackson has served since 2013 as the Physician to the President, and gained a national profile earlier this year for holding a sweeping press conference on the president's health.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED!
As an Obama holdover, rather a sturdy compliment to have held on for so long into the Trump era.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Apparently all you have to do is flatter Trump to get a job (get someone else's job). 

Not that Shulkin was ever that bright.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Someone should have realized by now that the VA has an impossible task.  That's because we can't seem to keep our troops out of harm's way.

Someday maybe we'll learn to stop fucking with other people but not under the WLB's administration.
The world is a snake and we are a kitten pawing it.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Kittens are better at pawing at snakes.  Leave the kittens out of this!  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
VA has kept me alive to this point. Today might be different.
If the trumpster could haul his ass up a horse he'd have appointed it secretary of state by now.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Putin & the UN secretary general. Jehanne 4 360 April 26, 2022 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  US Defense Secretary Mattis Quits BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2774 December 22, 2018 at 6:34 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL Team Considering Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for Head Coach Seraphina 10 1242 November 18, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Rex Tillerson Blocked Saudi, U.A.E. from invading Qatar, promptly fired by Trump ReptilianPeon 0 203 August 11, 2018 at 3:23 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired? Foxaèr 28 2747 August 3, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: North Korea Has Just Fired Another Ballistic Missile A Theist 31 7493 November 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Matt Lauer fired from NBC, take a guess. Brian37 8 1651 November 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Conservative Columnist Wants To Get Kelly Fired Minimalist 16 3585 August 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2173 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  FBI director James Comey fired c172 58 15940 May 17, 2017 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Amarok