Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your first single.
Your first single.
What was the first single that you bought? For me it was 'Thunder in the Mountains' by Toyah!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Your first single.
"Message in a bottle" by the Police.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
'sif i'd remember that.. probably some wierdo boy band i was into lol.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
First single I ever had to myself was 'Starlight' by 'The Supermen Lovers'.

But I didn't buy it. I have many albums but I don't think I actually have bought myself any singles? Lol!

I have all 7 Orbital albums including a 2cd version of the 4th and 6th one (the 6th 2 cd one I have 3 copies of because its a limited edition).

I also have Orbital 'best of' Album 'Work 1989-2002'. And the 2 cd + dvd 'Orbital Live in Glastonbury 1994-2004'.

I have a 28 minute single but I didn't buy it! So that doesn't count as bought >_<

I have more albums some of them including an album or albums from and by: Long Range, Paul Hartnoll, Kraftwerk, Underworld, Moby, Plaid, Leftfield, Royksopp Lenny Kravitiz, Goldfrapp, Alicia Keys, just off the top of my head. Not much else I can think of right now....I do have 1 Mike Oldfield album. I collected all this in the last 3 years and most of it (excluding Orbital) in the last year.

I am much more 'into' music than I used to be. I used to just do gaming then I did gaming while listening to music. Now I'm interested in music and science - but I want to game its just hard to find the time!!! I bloody love gaming Tongue

Anyway that's that!! Finally you may say!
evf
ooo i know Kraftwek hehe.
they are alright.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.
"Ticket To Ride" The Beatles (yes I am THAT old!).

Kyu
(January 5, 2009 at 3:26 am)Darwinian Wrote: What was the first single that you bought? For me it was 'Thunder in the Mountains' by Toyah!

Beatles " I wanna hold your hand ".
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I don't remember buying a single. My first album was 'Bat Out of Hell'- Meatloaf. Big Grin
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
I've only purchases singles for collecting. My first was Where Ever I May Roam by Metallica. My favourite is the 3-part single for NIN's We're In This Together Now. I'm holding onto it for a little longer and I'll eventually sell it on eBay. It currently runs for about $150 for the set.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4140 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  I haven't opened a single 'proof' thread. :( CapnAwesome 11 868 September 6, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  What sucks about being single. Brian37 7 1647 March 9, 2018 at 10:10 am
Last Post: No_God
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2466 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10583 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What's your most favorite thing about being Single/Married? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 11450 January 31, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Your first disco days abaris 10 1505 August 31, 2016 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: c172
  What is the first thing that comes to your mind if you see this dyresand 44 8706 August 20, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Type your username in youtube/post the first video c172 45 5179 September 24, 2015 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Nine
  Single after 1 year and 4 months :S Edwardo Piet 18 3246 July 9, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain