Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, just joined
Hello, just joined
Hi friends ~ I literally just Googled "atheists forums" and found this site. I'm so exasperated because of a religious nut commandeering another site I was on. It's supposedly a Christian site but they welcome everyone to join for discussing news, recipes, sharing pictures of pets, and whatever, so I joined. This one guy was cyber bullying women, homosexuals and Muslims nonstop so I tried to defend them. He was a freaking train wreck!! He just would not stop and the mods did nothing about it. He was so unbelievably self-righteous, extremely offensive and outragiously racist & misogynistic. I got so upset that I left and joined this site. I seriously can't stand religious crackpots like that.  Confused  

Anyhow, sorry I dumped all that on ya's. I hope I can find friendship here.  Heart
RE: Hello, just joined
Hey, welcome to the forum. No need to apologise!

Just FYI we’re also pretty liberal when it comes to discussions but for the most part things are civil Smile see my signature for the rules and ask any questions you want.

Hope you stick around Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Hey, Blue. It's me...[that guy]. I go by vulcanlogician on this site. I'd appreciate it if you didn't air my dirty laundry.

J/K Big Grin -- Welcome to AF.org!!!! I hope you feel comfortable expressing yourself here.

(Most of us can't stand religious nuts.)
(April 14, 2018 at 3:43 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Hey, welcome to the forum. No need to apologise!

Just FYI we’re also pretty liberal when it comes to discussions but for the most part things are civil Smile see my signature for the rules and ask any questions you want.

Hope you stick around Smile

Wow, thanks for such a quick welcome!  Smile

(April 14, 2018 at 3:46 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: Hey, Blue. It's me... loyaldisciple. I go by vulcanlogician on this site. I'd appreciate it if you didn't air my dirty laundry.

J/K Big Grin -- Welcome to AF.org!!!! I hope you feel comfortable expressing yourself here.

(Most of us can't stand religious nuts.)

Omg, I actually just editted out that guy's user name because I thought it might be against the rules here.  Tongue

Thanks for the welcome, VL!  Smile
I edited the username out of my post if you'd rather not share it. I don't think it's against the rules or anything though.
(April 14, 2018 at 3:37 am)Blue_Violet Wrote: This one guy was cyber bullying women, homosexuals and Muslims nonstop so I tried to defend them. He was a freaking train wreck!! He just would not stop and the mods did nothing about it. He was so unbelievably self-righteous, extremely offensive and outragiously racist & misogynistic.

Welcome matey...

Are you sure you weren't speaking with Donald Trump? Dunno

...we all love the Trumpster here! Dodgy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome, Violet.  I hope you like it here.  We get our share of nutters, but the mods here are good about squishing people who cross the line.

So...where you from, whaddya do, and so on?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome.

The person didn't call himself neo scholastic by any chance?

Or little rik?
Dying to live, living to die.
Oh god I’d hate to think someone else had to deal with that as well Sad
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
welcome
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1779 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Someone mental has joined Theswordismyleopard 12 1066 August 26, 2020 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hello athesist planet. Just lost my faith. Now What? Suz 28 2500 May 23, 2020 at 2:55 am
Last Post: JohnMBauer
  Just joined this forum T0 Th3 M4X 39 2210 November 29, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5647 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4107 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just Joined Mrs.B 66 11360 June 2, 2017 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Lifelong atheist, newly joined MikeXeno 47 9529 May 28, 2017 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hi, Just joined. Nanny 43 6111 April 26, 2017 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Nanny
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2619 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37