Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, this is getting ridiculous .........
Ok, this is getting ridiculous .........
Daytime Soaps have been around since I was a kid. And I get that new technology gets added to everything.

BUT, It is a bit fucking cartoonish in a SOAP OPERA WHEN, instead of doing a screen shot of a text message on the device, you put a bubble graphic up as if it were the Coyote holding up a sign saying "Yikes". 

That is as annoying to me as the "first down" graphic in the NFL...... NO IT IS NOT ON THE FIELD. 

The only time you put bubbles up in a show or movie is when IT IS A COMEDY!

IT LOOKS FUCKING STUPID! If you have a dramatic "text" convey the screen on the device, as it would be looking at it yourself. DON'T PUT UP A IMAGINARY BUBBLE, IT LOOKS FUCKING STUPID!
RE: Ok, this is getting ridiculous .........
I appreciate the down marker projected onto the field in football games. It makes following the game easier. When I watch older games, it's amazing the difference between the onscreen information available then and now. Some games didn't even show the score unless a team had just scored. Following things in old games can be difficult, what with the lack of mic'd up refs, little onscreen information, and play-by-play commentary instead of the color commentary we have today. More information is better, and I'm all for it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Methinks perhaps anger management classes are in someone's future. Maybe there's no anger here, but lots of words in all caps sure seem to me that you're just wanting to be angry about something.

Have you tried a Snickers bar?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 24, 2018 at 1:10 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I appreciate the down marker projected onto the field in football games.  It makes following the game easier.  When I watch older games, it's amazing the difference between the onscreen information available then and now.  Some games didn't even show the score unless a team had just scored.  Following things in old games can be difficult, what with the lack of mic'd up refs, little onscreen information, and play-by-play commentary instead of the color commentary we have today.  More information is better, and I'm all for it.

I like you Tony, there is no lying in you. But when I tell you to kill the diplomat even though the car is full of kids, DO IT! Big Grin <------ Scare Face spoof. 

I fucking hate that graphic shit. I was watching the NFL long before that crap. If I wanted to play a fucking X box I'd play an X Box!

(April 24, 2018 at 1:18 pm)Joods Wrote: Methinks perhaps anger management classes are in someone's future. Maybe there's no anger here, but lots of words in all caps sure seem to me that you're just wanting to be angry about something.

Have you tried a Snickers bar?

HA HA HA HA HA

If they used Comic Sans for the font, I might be with you... otherwise I don't know.

But seriously, I like the first down marks, and they do amazingly well with them for variations on the field, and of course people getting in front of them.  Also, trying to show an actual cell screen on the video doesn't actually work out that well.   In many ads, you will see a disclaimer, that screen images are simulated (because of this).  Showing a little bubble over top of the people is actually a good way to show not just the messages, but who is talking.

Edit to add.... Your a grown ass man - I think you are taking the soaps too seriously :LOL
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I can't believe Roger fell down that elevator shaft and faked his death though
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Yeah, but then he lost his memory and his twin brother he never knew he had took over his former life.
I have only one thing to say Brian.

Bhahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

Okay I'll go lie down now only not really.
(April 24, 2018 at 6:16 pm)Little lunch Wrote: Yeah, but then he lost his memory and his twin brother he never knew he had took over his former life.

But Estelle - clever girl - figured it out because the evil twin had a scar on his left buttock that Roger lacked. Terrified, she ran to tell the lesbian florist that she (Estelle) rescued from the Serbian prison camp oh those many years ago. Lucinda (the florist) took a lot of convincing.  Leaving the flower shop in the care of her assistant Henry (Roger's transgendered  adopted niece), she and Estelle went back to confront the twin who, unbeknownst to either of them had just robbed Estelle's home of all her valuables and was, at that very moment, on a flight to Ecuador to fulfill his life-long dream of opening a combination automobile repair shop/walnut emporium.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Estelle's tears ran down her cheek. Eyes staring randomly. A million mixed emotions running through her mind as she puts the letter down notifying her of the tragic accidental explosion of the plane flight EA722

...credits roll
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The First Tangible Result of the Biden Administration: Getting the Band Back Together Rev. Rye 0 222 January 18, 2021 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Getting off Diesel...... Brian37 3 543 September 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I'm really getting the hang of FL Studio! Edwardo Piet 26 2923 August 30, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I'm getting a new piercing Foxaèr 10 1608 June 9, 2016 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: RozKek
  Getting old abaris 17 3078 October 15, 2015 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Strider
  Free plug for ABBA, not getting paid a dime. Brian37 28 4987 November 19, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Brian37