Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our 'civilisation' is going to fall apart unless people wake up soon.
Our 'civilisation' is going to fall apart unless people wake up soon.
Can anyone add to this fictional list? I can only dwell on negative points for so long.Confused

21st Century Human Rights.

The right to imagine individual actions have no consequence for any other person, animal environment….
The right to insist on being narrow minded & self-indulgent…. Whilst labelling others as narrow minded, self indulgent, opinionated, archaic …etc
The right to stereotype rather than listen.
The right to lack humility in every situation.
The right to indulge in any small perversion of thought and nurture it to fruition.
The right not to tolerate anyone who disagrees with your thoughts and decisions, on any grounds, including the possibility that they may be damaging to yourself, others, environment etc.
The right to put your feelings above and before everything else.
The right to abort another human life if it could mean taking any responsibility for your actions.
The right to be indiscriminately tolerant of all opinions and actions that don’t affect you personally.
The right to feel badly done to after bringing something upon yourself.
The right to at least tolerate if not condone everything except common sense, reason, logic, the laws of nature, religions lacking alternative/ethnic flair (those that include moral guidelines), morals….“restrictions on personal freedom”.
The right to ignore the fact that most laws, guidelines, moral codes, values…etc are based on the findings of billions of humans over thousands of years and so deserve some respect.
The right to ignore others, discover snippets of common sense in the most round-about and damaging way possible, miss the point completely, write a self congratulatory and self indulgent book on the subject, assume that you are more intelligent than anyone who recognised sense when they saw/heard it in the first place.
ETC
Apologies for any bad grammar.
RE: Our 'civilisation' is going to fall apart unless people wake up soon.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Perhaps you can explain this list you posted for me, because I can't quite follow where you are going with this?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hi! and welcome!

Interesting list - perhaps you could elaborate a bit?
Ok ok ok, I add one for you:
The right to ignore threads that make sweeping generalisations and claims that I generally don't understand as I sit here at my desk sipping my Early Grey tea, hot, thankyou very much Jean-Luc Picard.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
Sorry all! Looking back at this I'm not sure exactly what i was getting at. Undecided. There must have been something though. I'll have a think.Shy
You mean you have no clue, Cludo?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Oh dear, Cluedo is clueless. Confused
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2443 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1103 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 613 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2323 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 928 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1639 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1057 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What's the going rate for the tooth fairy? Cod 16 1518 April 17, 2019 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Military people, fall in! Gawdzilla Sama 36 4454 October 23, 2018 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 981 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod