Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greed is global.
Greed is global.
I was just watching PBS, no article link or video. But they have a global news program called DW News, which is out of Europe.

Well just heard a story about a rail worker that slipped on the job and broke his spine. He can walk but barely. Guess what the company did? Denied him workers comp and didn't give him his pension even after 20 years of service.

Now, guess which country this was. Nope, wasn't America and wasn't in Europe. First guess gets a free lifetime supply of pocket lint.
RE: Greed is global.
France?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 1, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Kit Wrote: France?

I said not in Europe, France is in Europe. Try again.
(May 1, 2018 at 5:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 1, 2018 at 5:51 pm)Kit Wrote: France?

I said not in Europe, France is in Europe. Try again.

Must be an obscure incident. Couldn't find anything online. xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 1, 2018 at 5:56 pm)Kit Wrote:
(May 1, 2018 at 5:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I said not in Europe, France is in Europe. Try again.

Must be an obscure incident.  Couldn't find anything online.  xD

No actually workplace accidents happen all the time to greater or lesser degrees in all countries.. It was the story of 1 man trying to unify workers in his country. Kinda the same problem America has had since Reagan started the age of union busting. The problem with his country is his government cracks down on dissent. This country has blocked his social media accounts. He could very easily "disappear" if they wanted him to. I guess right now they see him as a nuisance. Plus wouldn't look good if authorities beat up on a handicap guy.
DW is a German tv channel: http://www.dw.com/en/about-dw/profile/s-30688.

As for where that story is from.... could be anywhere, really.... From Africa, India, China, Australia and Canada... Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Cuba or Madagascar...
You're right.  It doesn't look good.  Not that the fucking cops care.

(May 1, 2018 at 6:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You're right.  It doesn't look good.  Not that the fucking cops care.

That was years ago. And yes in America. If I remember correctly and correct me if I am wrong, that "officer" was fired.

(May 1, 2018 at 6:11 pm)pocaracas Wrote: DW is a German tv channel: http://www.dw.com/en/about-dw/profile/s-30688.

As for where that story is from.... could be anywhere, really.... From Africa, India, China, Australia and Canada... Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Cuba or Madagascar...

I thought it was German. Just so you know, even in America, just because a media outlet reports a story on TV does not mean they always post everything on their page. 

Trust me, I watched this story and made this thread right after I watched it on PBS.  I am not DWs web editor so I cant tell you why they didn't post this story on the DW website. 

AND TO ANYONE reading this, anymore guesses?
The Oceanic Republic of Komoniwannalayya?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 1, 2018 at 6:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The Oceanic Republic of Komoniwannalayya?

Boru

No that is in another galaxy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Far-Right Extremism Is a Global Problem WinterHold 164 12432 February 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  FORBES OP/ED blasts the global market. Brian37 17 1291 May 20, 2019 at 11:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  XR global warming International Rebellion Duty 23 1137 May 3, 2019 at 2:45 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Stories of global greed. OP ED Brian37 0 226 November 15, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  So Global Warming is a Hoax, huh? Minimalist 26 4647 August 29, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Polaris