Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XR global warming International Rebellion
XR global warming International Rebellion
Banging party gwanin' @ Parliament Square London - Been held around the clock for 3 days now IIRC Live Stream

I hear a bridge was held for a time by XR New York today too - good job!
RE: XR global warming International Rebellion
Etienne Stott - Olympic London 2012 Gold medal champion in K1 slalom canoe, just rallied the forces on Waterloo Bridge after the legendary Chris Packham! Cham cham cham champion sound!!  Clap Clap Clap
Nice one Kit. Are American atheists generally uninterested in anthropogenic global warming? I perish the thought you might be disinterested $$$
What?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Google Extinction Rebellion London. How can you possibly not of heard of Greta Thunberg or what's been happening this week????!!!

Greta speaks live NOW https://www.facebook.com/ExtinctionRebellion/videos/472145216857284/?notif_id=1555850469629464¬if_t=live_video_explicit
(April 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Editz Wrote: Google Extinction Rebellion London. How can you possibly not of heard of Greta Thunberg or what's been happening this week????!!!

Time for this again.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
What?
It's a half empty teacup.
(April 21, 2019 at 2:41 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(April 21, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Editz Wrote: Google Extinction Rebellion London. How can you possibly not of heard of Greta Thunberg or what's been happening this week????!!!

Time for this again.

I wasn't being smug, I was somewhat flabbergasted. Nevertheless I plead guilty to quite possibly communicating badly, so I'll try a reload:

Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) = man-made global warming (ie excessive carbon emissions brought about by human activity).

Extinction Rebellion (XR) are a global movement who participate in non-violent direct protest action in order to try and persuade governments to do more, a lot more, in the fight against AGW.

Last week saw the largest XR actions to date, in cities around the world. Yesterday evening Greta Thunberg, a Swedish 16 year old schoolgirl who is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for her AGW activism, spoke to the XR crowd at Marble Arch in London UK. Marble Arch is a legal protest site allocated by the police for XR. 

Uninterested = indifferent/meh.
Disinterested = not in a position where your financial situation might be influenced by the matter under discussion.

Here's a video of Greta's speech:

It's about time this generation earned its stripes and got off its collective ass and actually did some protesting.

I spent some time in my youth going on marches and protesting and generally making a nuisance of myself.  It's part of what being young is all about.  It's the only way those in power take notice.

The useless twat, John Gummer (ex MP) said of the protesters: 'OK, you now have our attention'.  Well, you useless bastard, Gummer, you're the Chairman of the Committee on Climate Change in the House of Lords ffs.  It's your job to make sure things get done and sitting on your fat ass drinking port isn't getting things done.  They shouldn't have needed to get your attention.  The problem should have got it long ago, shit for brains.

I thought this generation was useless.  I'm beginning to change my mind.  There's hope for them yet.  Bless 'em.

(April 22, 2019 at 4:51 am)Editz Wrote:
(April 21, 2019 at 2:41 pm)Succubus Wrote: Time for this again.

I wasn't being smug, I was somewhat flabbergasted. Nevertheless I plead guilty to quite possibly communicating badly, so I'll try a reload:

Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) = man-made global warming (ie excessive carbon emissions brought about by human activity).

Extinction Rebellion (XR) are a global movement who participate in non-violent direct protest action in order to try and persuade governments to do more, a lot more, in the fight against AGW.

Last week saw the largest XR actions to date, in cities around the world. Yesterday evening Greta Thunberg, a Swedish 16 year old schoolgirl who is nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for her AGW activism, spoke to the XR crowd at Marble Arch in London UK. Marble Arch is a legal protest site allocated by the police for XR. 

Uninterested = indifferent/meh.
Disinterested = not in a position where your financial situation might be influenced by the matter under discussion.

Here's a video of Greta's speech:

Editz

Thank you so much for posting this. Bow Down
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Far-Right Extremism Is a Global Problem WinterHold 164 12271 February 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  FORBES OP/ED blasts the global market. Brian37 17 1282 May 20, 2019 at 11:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Greed is global. Brian37 18 1965 May 1, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Stories of global greed. OP ED Brian37 0 224 November 15, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump avoids American journalists while in international spotlight. Anomalocaris 8 1769 July 15, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  So Global Warming is a Hoax, huh? Minimalist 26 4621 August 29, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Polaris