Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall
So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall
I think this is a legitimate question and something we all need to sit down and think about. If he his impeached who is going to get him to leave? Also, what will his base do? What will he say to his base to stir them up??
RE: So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall
If the Dems take the house I suspect Articles of Impeachment will be passed.  However, they will not get 67 Dems in the senate to convict the piece of shit so it will remain status quo.

Unless The GOP suffers such a disaster in the mid-terms that they realize that he is dragging the whole party under.  If that happens..... maybe. 

He'll tell his Trumptards that it is a conspiracy, and all the usual shit that right-wing psychos put out.  Some of them may even dust off those stupid fucking hats and start wearing them.  A lot of his supporters are so old that if they went to a demonstration they would forget why they are there.
Yeah he's not getting impeached.

There's no way 2/3 of the Senate will convict. I've said "there's no way" about Trump a bunch of times, but I feel like this time, I'm pretty safe.

Also, I can almost guarantee the Dems will fuck this up and draft articles of impeachment as soon as (and if they don't fuck up the elections) they take the house, and not waiting for Mueller to give his recommendation/findings so they have something to point to other than "TRUMP!" and not the results of an actual investigation.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If Trump is impeached, Pence becomes your new president.  Bible studies in schools will by mandatory, and abortions will be banned up to 4 week before conception.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 6, 2018 at 8:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If Trump is impeached, Pence becomes your new president.  Bible studies in schools will by mandatory, and abortions will be banned up to 4 week before conception.

Boru

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that 4 week rule was passed. We're in a post-fact age already, what's a little more?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm)Libertarian God Wrote: I think this is a legitimate question and something we all need to sit down and think about. If he his impeached who is going to get him to leave? Also, what will his base do? What will he say to his base to stir them up??

Maybe you should ask Putin these questions.

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that we're stuck with Trump until 2025.

-Teresa
(May 6, 2018 at 8:41 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm)Libertarian God Wrote: I think this is a legitimate question and something we all need to sit down and think about. If he his impeached who is going to get him to leave? Also, what will his base do? What will he say to his base to stir them up??

Maybe you should ask Putin these questions.

I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that we're stuck with Trump until 2025.

-Teresa

Bite your tongue, woman! Angry  The US will be a smoking pile of trash by then, if this simp is re-elected.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 6, 2018 at 9:22 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(May 6, 2018 at 8:41 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Maybe you should ask Putin these questions.

-Teresa

Bite your tongue, woman! Angry  The US will be a smoking pile of trash by then, if this simp is re-elected.

The Republican Party wouldn’t even exist today if it were not for the rallying power of wildly exaggerating the political threat.
(May 6, 2018 at 8:11 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If Trump is impeached, Pence becomes your new president.  Bible studies in schools will by mandatory, and abortions will be banned up to 4 week before conception.

Boru

[Image: tm-a-christian-a-conservative-and-a-repu...481275.png]
(May 6, 2018 at 5:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If the Dems take the house I suspect Articles of Impeachment will be passed.  However, they will not get 67 Dems in the senate to convict the piece of shit so it will remain status quo.

Unless The GOP suffers such a disaster in the mid-terms that they realize that he is dragging the whole party under.  If that happens..... maybe. 

He'll tell his Trumptards that it is a conspiracy, and all the usual shit that right-wing psychos put out.  Some of them may even dust off those stupid fucking hats and start wearing them.  A lot of his supporters are so old that if they went to a demonstration they would forget why they are there.

At this point, I get the feeling that nothing short of disemboweling Vince Neil and sodomizing the half of him that can be sodomized on live television will get the Republicans to convict Trump.

You know what? From now on, when I'm thinking about the sort of event that would take someone as recalcitrant as the Republican Party to take action on something they need to do, I'm going to call it a "King Gorilla Point."

And if they do reach the King Gorilla Point, they'll get Mike Pence to take his place. He's horrible, and the Republican party is likely going to be one step closer to turning America into Gilead from the Handmaid's Tale, but at least he's comparatively sane, and yes, I'm well aware of the oxymoron inherent in calling a major Republican sane, but Pence would A) At least know what he's doing, B) Probably not eat, sleep, and breathe the Dark Triad the way Trump does, and C) At least likely be easier for the Democrats to fight against (maybe not by much, but still).
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1009 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5228 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1001 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 7931 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Explain left and right to me (political terms) Macoleco 27 2138 February 19, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36848 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Why Trump likely won't be impeached Foxaèr 6 1210 July 23, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So what happens now? Are you worried? GODZILLA 0 295 June 28, 2018 at 12:28 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  "Republicunt": why use terms like this? shadow 162 22287 November 27, 2017 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  After Due Consideration, I Hope The Fucks Pass It Minimalist 3 565 November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13