Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoops. Anyone Can Make A Mistake
Whoops. Anyone Can Make A Mistake
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44029398

Quote:Afghanistan air strike: UN confirms 30 child deaths in April attack

Quote:A UN report has found that 30 children were killed and 51 injured in an Afghan air strike last month in the north-eastern province of Kunduz.
The government said after the strike on 2 April that its air force had targeted a gathering of senior Taliban figures
The investigation by the UN found six adults had also been killed in the air strike near a religious school, where an open-air ceremony was under way.

Ah, that good old collateral damage.
RE: Whoops. Anyone Can Make A Mistake
Why are we even there?!?! Gtfo already. Just making the next generation of enemies. It morally disgusts me.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
We are there for the same reason we were in Vietnam.

No American president wants to be the one who loses a war.  No matter how many we have to lose.  Things are going to shit in Afghanistan, though.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44047525

Quote:Taliban militants have attacked a police base in northern Afghanistan, killing or wounding 25 police officers and kidnapping 31, officials say.

Quote:A recent BBC study found that the Taliban now control or threaten much more territory than when foreign combat troops left in 2014.

Taliban fighters are openly active in 70% of Afghanistan, the study found.

Going to be hard to claim victory and leave in this one.
I almost want to say someone was framed. I think their information wasn't good. Does that mean the information was good on the other side? I am not sure.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'
More likely someone simply wasn't careful enough.  Again, the comparison to Vietnam.  We'd wipe out entire villages because we assumed the area was VC controlled.  Sometimes they were.  Sometimes they weren't.  I doubt that the Afghans have any different feelings towards other tribal groups.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Days Ago, I Made A Mistake BrianSoddingBoru4 57 3475 March 29, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Can Anyone Make Any Sense of These Trump Propaganda Brochures? Prof.Lunaphiles 2 342 April 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2582 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Question for anyone who can answer. Brian37 22 2398 July 6, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Whoops...We Fucked Up. Why Won't You Help Us? Minimalist 10 1131 March 20, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Brexit Whoops: The Devil Is In The Details Minimalist 11 1288 December 20, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Whoops. Our Bad. Minimalist 2 791 September 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  You can't make this shit up.... account_inactive 66 6368 October 1, 2016 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department Minimalist 113 19405 July 13, 2014 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Losty