Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present.
Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present.
I want to buy my ex girlfriend a birthday present.  I do this often as a token of apreciation for being a good mother to my daughter.

She's said she doesn't want anything and she feels depressed at the idea of getting older, she's 26.

Even though she's said she doesn't want anything I know in girl language that means if I don't buy her something she'll want to stab me through the neck with a screwdriver.

So the question is what do you buy someone who insists they want nothing?

A better question that would probably help me out, is what would you buy someone if you had to buy a gift for someone you don't know?

I do know her but with the gifts I've bought her in the past I'm running out of ideas, possibly something funny or a bit weird or outside the box.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present.
Worried about getting older and she's 26?

Anti-depressants?
Dying to live, living to die.
Give her a good time? Just hang out, have fun, and enjoy yourselves. Instead of giving her some object, or some money, just go do something you both enjoy. Maybe that will be present enough.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I would suggest money or maybe a gift card for her favourite store, you could also take her out for a meal or something.
Donate both of your time on her birthday to helping at a local food pantry.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Don't buy something material, give her an experience. Tickets to a show, concert, some event, ......... what ever she is into.

And if you're not attending with her, offer to watch your daughter, then take your daughter out.

Edit:No, not that kind of out! Man, some people here are sick, sick, sick!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If I was turning 26 again, I'd hope Doyle would fuck my brains out to celebrate . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

An anniversary gift of her 16th birthday. Something to encourage her to feel young again.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 23, 2017 at 9:35 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Don't buy something material, give her an experience. Tickets to a show, concert, some event, ......... what ever she is into.

And if you're not attending with her, offer to watch your daughter, then take your daughter out.

Edit:No, not that kind of out! Man, some people here are sick, sick, sick!

Hey!

I mistook the meaning of that phrase ONCE!

Dodgy
Dying to live, living to die.
Hmmm... I'm a single parent but friendly with my daughter's father.
The best gift would be the gift of time - some free time for your ex-girlfriend and extra dad/ daughter time with your girl. Offer to take your daughter for an extra day or afternoon so your ex can get a pedicure (maybe paid for by you) or an evening out with her friends...or an afternoon at an art gallery - or whatever it is your ex is interested in. To me, that would be a more memorable and appreciated gift than something funny or outside the box.

-Teresa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which do you want to go? Foxaèr 13 726 October 18, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 3519 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why does everyone want to advertise in their signature? Foxaèr 2 328 September 14, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 725 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I don't know how they do it. onlinebiker 98 7156 November 1, 2019 at 8:38 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  When someone says something really stupid. Cod 8 1525 July 28, 2019 at 7:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A day with someone from AF Cod 76 6757 April 27, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6021 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1028 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 635 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer