Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I present to you the Relationship Agreement"
"I present to you the Relationship Agreement"
Those of you who watch the Big Bang Theory might be familiar with those words. I have a relationship agreement with Marlene, my girlfriend, and so far it has really helped to clarify what our duties and responsibilities are to each other. I think it's important to clarify roles, boundaries, and so on, rather than playing it by ear and having misunderstandings. It covers such matters as sex, how to manage conflict, and other stuff.

Has anybody here ever considered having such an agreement? Ladies, feel free to weigh in.
RE: "I present to you the Relationship Agreement"
I have a perfect relationship agreement with my wife, we call it

"Okay honey, whatever you say, I'm three sheets to the wind anyway and I don't really care - where's my rifle?".
(our relationship actually works on there not being any strict roles or responsibilities between us)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'm touched, again. Do you like my name?
The only agreement me and my bf has, is that if we argue we will talk it through. That's about it.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

The only 'agreement' I've gone into is one where BDSM is involved. Otherwise we try to act like reasonable adults. You know. Because we're both over the age of 21 and responsible for each other and ourselves. Like most people should be.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 22, 2013 at 10:15 am)Macky Avelli Wrote: Those of you who watch the Big Bang Theory might be familiar with those words. I have a relationship agreement with Marlene, my girlfriend, and so far it has really helped to clarify what our duties and responsibilities are to each other. I think it's important to clarify roles, boundaries, and so on, rather than playing it by ear and having misunderstandings. It covers such matters as sex, how to manage conflict, and other stuff.

Has anybody here ever considered having such an agreement? Ladies, feel free to weigh in.

I can't believe you still have a girlfriend after suggesting that.Confusedhock:

Or did she draught it.Thinking

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

That sounds like a nightmare. Welcome, though Smile
(April 22, 2013 at 10:22 am)Macky Avelli Wrote: I'm touched, again. Do you like my name?

I wouldn't touch you with a nine and a half foot pole.

But I like who you're named after, and think that some of what he advocates is quite intelligent. Thank goodness the original won't be affected by this obviously lesser poseur Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation? Jennie M. Marble 9 814 May 19, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience? Sterben 61 5719 March 10, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Being right in a relationship Foxaèr 41 3515 October 31, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Some relationship advice NuclearEnergy 34 4339 June 19, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Joods
  Birthday gift for someone who says they don't want a present. paulpablo 26 4080 April 26, 2017 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Would you have a relationship with a member of your immediate family? rado84 134 8049 October 11, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  My pathetic whining about how I want a relationship DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 106 8837 December 1, 2015 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Voice of Elmo accused of sexual relationship with underage boy Tino 35 9951 August 7, 2014 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  I present to you all... A new level of stupid. SavageNerdz 0 815 March 27, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: SavageNerdz
  Relationship Standards Heir Apparent 22 3042 September 27, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic